Fairest Fairest discussion

What's your favorite Gail Carson Levine book?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 142 (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Calema I love all of her books, but I expecialy love the princess tales! How about you?

Marissa I thought Ella Enchanted was fantatic. The rest of the books have been pleasant but not nearly as enjoyable (to me anyway).

Katherine I love ella enchanted it probably would be my favorate of her books

message 4: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i luv ella enchanted, but i would have to say that my fave or her books would either be The Two Princesses of Bamarre, or Dave at Night.

Katherine hmmm
yea I like the two princesses
havnt read the other one

message 6: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ dave at night? IT'S SOOO GOOD!!! XD it's really different from levine's other books, but it's amaaaaazing

Katherine whats it about
dont spoil it for me though

Talia i loved Fairest!! when i finished the book i wanted to keep reading it over and over again!

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i didn't really like fairest... didn't think it was as good as her other books.
anyway, katherine: dave at night is basically about this kid living at this orphanage, and the guy who runs it is like really crazy and evil... yeah. i don't really remember the details, but i remember that i loved it. :D

Katherine ok
Thanks
Im gonna try to read both of them!

Talia its about this girl that was found in a inn and the inkeeper found her because she was singing and lots later a duchess came and made aza her partner to go to the castle and watch the king and queens wedding the queen needed to sing to bring good luck i think but she didnt because she had a horrible voice oh and by the way aza is the inkeepers daughter. When the wedding was over prince Ijori intruoduced everyone to his highness and the queen....... I'll let you find out the rest of the story

Aerin I wasn't crazy about Fairest, either, and I haven't read Ever. I'm split about the various Princess Tales. I loved Ella but my fav would have to be two princesses.

Laura 1. The Two Princesses of Bamarre.
2. Ella Enchanted
3. Fairest
I just got Ever from the library, I hope it's better than Fairest. It just didn't have what makes her other books so good...

Charity U Ella Enchanted. Then The Two Princesses of Bamarre. Then Fairest. Didn't like "The Wish", "Dave at Night" or "Ever". But the Princess Tales are good.

Alandra The Two Princesses of Bamarre. I learned so much about good writing from this book.

And the Princess Tales because they're hilarious.

Kimberly Love Fairest, Ella Enchanted, Ever and The Two Princesses of Bamarre best!!
I always loved fairy tales......

message 17: by Tiffany (new) - added it

Tiffany Smith Fairest is the only book I've read by Levine and I really enjoyed it. I'm going to add Ella Enchanted, Ever, and the Two Princesses of Bamarre to my to read list.

Charity U Ever wasn't very good...just sayin'. But the other two are very good!

Juliet Ella Enchanted

Sonia Jarmula Either Ella Enchanted or the Two Princesses of Bamarre for sure, I've read them both so many times!

Charity U EE is my fav. :)

Jessica Winters The Two Princesses of Bamarre, hands down.

Serena 1. Ella Enchanted
2. The Two Princesses of Bamarre
3. Ever or Fairest

Cissi "Invisible but Invincible" Fairest, definitely. :)

Hannah I really like all of them. Especially the princess tales collection, those were hysterical! I love how she took popular fairy tales and switched them around. I thought it was really clever.

Although, my favorite would have to be Ever. When i first read it i thought it was kind of like twilight, but a lot better.

Melissa Jensen Ella Enchanted was without a doubt the best of her novels! Come on! It won the Newberry Award!!! I didn't enjoy the The Two Pricessess of Bamarre, but Fairest was a really nice story.

Lydia Smedry Ella Enchanted

Ariel Ella Enchanted for the win! XDD

message 29: by Aden (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aden I can't choose, all are just great book and I love the characters but if I had to choose unfortunately it would be Ella Enchanted.

Artemis Ella Enchanted of course! I like Fairest as well, but I really liked how Ella's mind works :) and I also like how both princesses know the same girl!

Ariel Artemis wrote: "Ella Enchanted of course! I like Fairest as well, but I really liked how Ella's mind works :) and I also like how both princesses know the same girl!"

I loved that too! When I finished Fairest I was like "WHAT! Ells'a bud is her SISTER!" XDD

Anna Lee Ella Enchanted and Fairest.

Abby~*walking in the rain*~ Fairest and ella enchanted !!! can never choose lol then the two princesses of barame and i didnt really like ever that much

Anna Lee yea... Ever really disappointed me. I totally agree with you. I was really upset that she wrote that and it was nowhere near to how good Fairest and Ella Enchanted was:( I need to read more of her books. Which other ones where really good? I only read fairest, ella enchanted, and Ever so far.

Andrea Calema wrote: "I love all of her books, but I expecialy love the princess tales! How about you?"

All except "Dave At Night" and "Ever!"

message 36: by Anna (last edited Jun 23, 2011 06:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I heartily agree with you on Ever being a disappointment, I also thought Wish (the one with a girl that wishes to be popular) was a mild disappointment. I enjoyed Fairest (they should make that one into a movie) and Ella Enchanted and the Princess Mistake.

Abby~*walking in the rain*~ Anna Lee wrote: "yea... Ever really disappointed me. I totally agree with you. I was really upset that she wrote that and it was nowhere near to how good Fairest and Ella Enchanted was:( I need to read more of her ..."

i looooved The Two Princesses of Barame i think you would enjoy it !!

Anna Lee @ Abby: thanks! i'll have to check that out:D

message 39: by Rhiannon (new)

Rhiannon Hmm. I haven't read ALOT of hers, but the one I liked best that I read was The Wish, even though I read that in what, 3rd Grade?

Taylor Hi just joined this book club i looovee reading like its my only passion! i love Gail Carson levines books i have read ever and ella enchanted.. any more i should check out?

Anna Lee Fairest is amazing, Taylor. If you like ella enchanted, you will LOVE Fairest

Mockingjay Ella Enchanted and the Two Princesses of Bamere.(mind my spelling)

Heather To decide if you like Fairest compaired to her other books, you must LISTEN TO IT! Most of it is singing, so reading the book doesn't give you the full effect.

Sumiyya Abdul-Rasheed I think my favorites are Fairest and Ever but For Biddle's Sake and other collections of short stories were funny and entertaining too.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

I am not sure I have one...I love them all!!!! Each one is special. The only one I don't like is "Ever" I thought it was a little strange and I didn't like the whole sacrificing her thing...it was just a little weird.. But I like all the others :D

Audrey The Two Princesses of Bamarre, definitely.

Sarah Fairest. I am IN LOVE with that book! It's my favorite book and I would suggest it to anyone especially if they like romance.

Wrathsqueen Has to be Ella Enchanted...for me the others just weren't as good

message 49: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn i can't choose only 1!!!

Lana(: Talia wrote: "i loved Fairest!! when i finished the book i wanted to keep reading it over and over again!"

Fairest was amazing!!!!!!

« previous 1 3