Baker Street Irregulars discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 353 comments I just got Sherlock Holmes v. Dracula and Sherlock: Year One yesterday. I don't like Sherlock v. Dracula as much as I liked the previous Sherlock v. Zombies.

message 2: by Hedry (new)

Hedry | 9 comments I too have been reading Sherlock: Year One. I have not read either Sherlock vs. dracula, or zombies, but I did read the "Sherlock Holmes" miniseries Dynamite put out last year, which was good but I thought ended abruptly. If it's till to be found may be I'll check out zombies.

message 3: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 353 comments Sherlock: Year One has been picking up lately. I'm finding it a bit hard to follow comics when I have to wait weeks between issues though. Moriarty is making an appearance in his own comic book in May http://www.comicbookresources.com/?pa... and the art looks great!

message 4: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 353 comments Ruse might be interesting as well. It's not Sherlock really, but it does have a very dashing and intelligent Victorian detective by the name of Simon Archer. It's publisher Crossgen went dead for a while until they were bought by Marvel (ah, that Disney money) but a new issue was released last March. It does however seem a bit rushed. The art level went south fast sadly :(

message 5: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 353 comments Anyone been reading Sherlock: Year One, Ruse, or Moriarty? So far I have been most impressed with Sherlock: Year One. I like the art and the mystery. I think, despite the premise (sherlock and watson has young adults), it is the most "serious" of them. Moriarty is fun. Lots of fight sequences.

message 6: by Joanna (last edited Mar 14, 2013 03:46PM) (new)

Joanna (foxwrapped) | 353 comments DC Histories: Sherlock Holmes

Great article on iFanboy about DC Sherlock Holmes comics with lots of great illustrations. And I highly, highly recommend Deadpool: Killustrated. Looks like Sherlock Holmes is shaping up to be Deadpool's adversary! OMG so funny

message 7: by David (new)

David Elkin | 63 comments A marlevolus link. Thanks so much.

message 8: by Hedry (new)

Hedry | 9 comments Hey Joanna, have you started reading Sherlock Holmes: The Liverpool Demon (Dynamite)?

message 9: by Kaleigh (new)

Kaleigh (goodreadscomkaleigh_goodman) Last time I went to my local comic book shop, there was a new comic about Sherlock and Sigmund Freud teamed up and took a whole lot of cocaine and solved mysteries. It was called the "Seven Percent Solution". Has anybody tried it?

message 10: by Rohit (new)

Rohit (rohitraut) | 94 comments Mod
Hedry wrote: "Hey Joanna, have you started reading Sherlock Holmes: The Liverpool Demon (Dynamite)?"

Joanna has disappeared. We need to hire sherlock holmes to find her.

message 11: by Michael Halm (new)

Michael Halm | 4 comments Has any one read my "Sherlock Holmes and the Mad Doctor" yet?