Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Self Promotion Tips > Post Book and Author Press Release

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments Press releases are just one of the channels to help promote awareness for your book. I have started a new website to help authors, publishers and publicists promote new book releases, book signings and special announcements. There is NO charge for this service. Check out the new site as I build traffic. The large blue "Contact Me" button on the left side opens a submission form. http://www.newbookjournal.com

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond | 45 comments Hi Ray,
I've tried several times, and I can't pull up your site. Am I the only one having problems?

message 3: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments I was testing a form and didn't realize the page attached itself to the menu. The form is not working. But the big.blue "Contact Me" button is working just fine. Use that until I can figure out the bug in the form. In the meantime, I removed it from the menu. Sorry 'bout that. Ray

message 4: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond | 45 comments Thanks, Ray. I just used the form. But for some reason, both yesterday and today, the link on the Goodreads post would not bring me to the site. I re-typed it in my browser, and it was fine. Just letting you know becuause my web site often has ideas of its own, too, and I'm happy when someone reports a glitch to me so I can fix it. Great site, and look forward to seeing you around.

message 5: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments Hi Vallerie... I received your press release and posted it on my site here... http://newbookjournal.com/2011/02/a-f...

I right clicked on the above link and its worked fine for me... but than again, technology is a bit baffling at times. Ray

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Ormond | 45 comments Thanks, Ray, I saw the posting, and it looked great! Fellow authors, Ray definitely went the extra mile and pulled information off my web site to make the press release "sing." Check out www.newbookjournal.com; a unique, personalized service. Appreciate the help, Ray!

message 7: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments You are more than welcome. I sincerely appreciate the kind words.

message 8: by Tammie (last edited Feb 14, 2011 03:47PM) (new)

Tammie Gibbs (tammieclarkegibbs) | 9 comments Awesome looking site... checking it out tonight and hope to send something. Thanks for the offer...
Tammie

Island of Secrets
Island of Secrets by Tammie Clarke Gibbs

message 9: by Linda (new)

Linda Faulkner (lindamfaulkner) | 1 comments Thank you for this opportunity, Ray. I submitted my book and everything worked like a charm. I'm following you.

message 10: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 5 comments Submitted a press release. Thanks for providing a forum for this kind of information. It's appreciated.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Poeltl (mikepoeltl) Great idea, I've just submitted.

message 12: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments I have been thrilled by the activity on the site since I opened it 7 weeks ago. I am pleased author's are participating and sending me press releases. Thanks to one and all.

http://NewBookJournal.com

message 13: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments I am regularly receiving press releases at New Book Journal and appreciate the trust. One author wrote back and said he had a sizable increase in his website traffic after the post.

I have now expanded the FREE service at the site with an 'Author Helping Author Forum' featuring social networking and Amazon cooperation between authors. List your book(s) in the appropriate forum for tagging, listmania, title clicking, social network linking and more.

To the veterans out there, share your tips and tricks and help the noobies coming into the market.

Thanks all...

message 14: by Linda (new)

Linda Clarke (lindaweaverclarke) Hi Ray! Yes, it's so true, "Authors helping authors" is what it's all about. I have a "Family Friendly" blog in which I interview authors of G-rated books for mothers who want to learn about books for their children and teens. I've gotten to know some awesome authors and have enjoyed it very much.

message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda Clarke (lindaweaverclarke) By the way, I filled out the "Contact Me" on your website but it said error. I'll try it again and see if it goes through. Thanks.

message 16: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments Hi Linda... I have received three press releases over the past 24-hours so all seems to be working. Ray

message 17: by Linda (new)

Linda Clarke (lindaweaverclarke) Thanks. Let me know if the press release went through. I posted it once again and it seemed to work that time.

message 18: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments I have not received your Press release... not sure why. But please send it to my email at RKAlan at New Book Journal dot com

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) Ray, is it okay to post a book that's only in ebook format or do they have to be in print?

message 20: by Ray (new)

Ray (rkalan) | 24 comments eBooks are perfectly fine, Katie. Looking forward to receiving your press release. ray

message 21: by Nathaniel (new)

Nathaniel Wyckoff | 17 comments Linda wrote: "Hi Ray! Yes, it's so true, "Authors helping authors" is what it's all about. I have a "Family Friendly" blog in which I interview authors of G-rated books for mothers who want to learn about books ..."

Hello Linda,
Your blog on Goodreads includes an article on the importance of promoting your book. Thanks for the advice on writing articles for Article-Hangout and other sites. I'd like to look into that option.

Where is your blog on which you interview authors of G-rated books for mothers who want to learn about books for their children? I've written a children's novel, Yaakov the Pirate Hunter, which is totally innocuous in content and great fun.

Thanks,
Nathaniel Wyckoff
http://wyckoffwonders.blogspot.com