Better World Book Club discussion

Recipe Exchange & Help > Vegan help...

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 54 comments Wasn't sure if this was the right folder, but here I go...

I have pretty much found a dairy substitute for everything... except butter. I love to bake and cook so this is an issue. I'm not a fan of margarine. I've been to chamberlin's and found lots of nut-butters, but those just aren't going to cut it with certain things. I found Earth Balance brand online, but I didn't see that at Chamberlin's... Other brand recommendations?

message 2: by d4 (new)

d4 | 109 comments Mod
I don't shop there (too far out of the way), but I thought they would have Earth Balance because you can get it at Publix, Target, even Wal-Mart. One type of Smart Balance Light is vegan (it will say vegan in red text somewhere on the back, kind of annoying to look for). But I prefer Earth Balance to Smart Balance for baking. Smart Balance is better for making icing that isn't too buttery, and as a spread on toast and whatnot, but Earth Balance is definitely what I prefer to cook with if I had to choose between the two.

message 3: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (jessiv) | 13 comments Mod
Go with Earth Balance. You should be able to find it at Publix. And it's definitely at Whole Foods and Artichoke Red. I do alot of baking too.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 54 comments I need some fruits and snacks so I'll look for it at Publix later tonight. Thanks Ladies! :)