Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Sign our group Valentine card

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
We always hear a lot about romantic love on Valentine's day, but friendship love is just as fitting. So I'm putting up a great big Valentine card for us all to sign. I'll pretend it's on a whiteboard in a school. I've drawn a big huge heart with a red marker. There are dozens of markers in many colors just waiting for each of us to pick one up and say something to the others.

message 2: by JanetTronstad (new)

Okay, I'm going to pick up a purple marker because it's the color of royalty and I'm going to write --

May you each be Queen for the Day on Valentine's Day. Each one of you enrich my life and I thank you for that. Love, Janet

message 3: by Joy (new)

Joy Blue, just 'cuz it's my favorite color...lol

Roses are red
Violets are blue
May God richly bless
Every one of you

***Hugs***

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

Ah, Joy -- how sweet! Thanks.

message 5: by Heidi (last edited Feb 11, 2011 12:49PM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I am drawing on parchment paper with an old fashioned ink pen. Then I took a pen and surrounded the writing with flowy hearts in pink, rose, and lavender. On it I wrote:

Happy Valentines day to friends who although I have never seen with my eyes my heart knows.

God Bless all of you with His love and the love of those that surround you this Valentine's Day,

Heidi

message 6: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments They say that the color Yellow Roses at Valentine is for Joy and Friendship:

I have found much Joy
among you
MY new friends of Goodreads
~Happy Valentine's Day~

message 7: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments I'm writing in pink. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Thanks for being my fried on goodreads!

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I've got green! Happy Valentine's Day to all my goodreads friends! And let us not forget to greatest example of love, Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.

message 9: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
I'm using green, too, Jennifer. :-)

Wishing each of you endless love this year on Valentine's and every day.

Hugs!

message 10: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Hale | 639 comments Mod
I'm signing in pink.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Wishing you lots of love in your lives!

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Lavendar for me. I'm signing with big swooping letters and a smiley face for all my LIH Goodreads friends. XX OO

message 12: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments Deborah, I'm signing in hot pink, too.

Happy Valentine's Day. May you abound in love.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Christine wrote: "Lavendar for me. I'm signing with big swooping letters and a smiley face for all my LIH Goodreads friends. XX OO"

Side note...i am just starting your soaring home book today! lol I am a little behind on the historicals for each month. I keep buying more and just set them on my bookshelf

message 14: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
You'll love Soaring Home, Jennifer! It's great!

message 15: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Happy Valentine's day

Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart. ~Author Unknown

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Aw Jennifer, thanks for mentioning that you're reading Soaring Home. I hope you enjoy Jack and Darcy's journey. I can sympathize with the TBR pile. We won't even discuss the size of mine, LOL.

message 17: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Hansen (goodreadscomvalerie_hansen) | 111 comments Happy Valentine's Day to all of you, too.

Smooches,
Valerie Hansen

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Carla wrote: "You'll love Soaring Home, Jennifer! It's great!"

I figured it would be! Haven't read one yet I didn't like. lol

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Christine wrote: "Aw Jennifer, thanks for mentioning that you're reading Soaring Home. I hope you enjoy Jack and Darcy's journey. I can sympathize with the TBR pile. We won't even discuss the size of mine, LOL."

lol TBR pile just grew today since I bought some more LIH from walmart!

message 20: by Mary (new)

Mary Moore (goodreadscommary_moore) | 109 comments for God so loVed the world
that He gAve
his onLy
begottEn
soN
That Whoever
belives In him
should Not perish
but have Everlasting Life!

Imagine the capital letters down the center in Red! Wishing my new LIH family a very Happy Valentine's Day!

message 21: by Mary (new)

Mary Moore (goodreadscommary_moore) | 109 comments :( Well that didn't work...it didn't align my letters. It's the wish that counts?

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments lol... it works though! Very creative idea!

message 23: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I can see it Mary, Very creative.Thanks

message 24: by JanetTronstad (new)

I see it too, mary!

message 25: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I'm writing in purple also. I am thankful for all of my goodreads friends, and enjoy getting to know you. May all of you be encouraged by the very best kind of love: You are princesses, daughters of the King, and the Lord cares for each of you very much!

message 26: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Mary wrote: ":( Well that didn't work...it didn't align my letters. It's the wish that counts?"

like Jennifer said it. Very creative

message 27: by Lacy (new)

Lacy Williams (lacywilliams) | 150 comments Wishing you all a happy Valentine's Day from Oklahoma. I'll writing in blue because it's my favorite color and let my 14-month-old scribble around the edges (you can pretend it is hearts!).

God bless!

message 28: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments I'll use burgandy to write mine. With lots of hearts and roses.

Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends here at Goodreads! We haven't met but I feel I have known you forever!!

message 29: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Hope you all have a great day.

message 30: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
What a lovely collection of good wishes from a lovely group. I always smile when I arrive here.

So here I go, writing with a red Sharpie: Happy Valentine's Day. Take a moment to remember some of those special romantic moments.

I'm smiling thinking of the first few dates with the man I'm still married too. We started dating in February. And....he propose March 1st! GRIN

message 31: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Gee Lyn, sounds like you got a very fast man there -proposing in one month and you're still together-I would say that is definately "Love at first sight". I too love looking back tru all the sign-ins a good group of women, glad to be amongst ya. Very colorful grp....

message 32: by Lyn (new)

The funny part is that he's the kind of guy who takes forever to make a decision, but not with his proposal. Funny, huh?

message 33: by JanetTronstad (last edited Feb 14, 2011 08:45AM) (new)

Lyn -- he knew a good thing when he saw one!! Now I want to know if you said yes right away or needed some time to think it over?

message 34: by Lyn (new)

I said yes right away. I was in LOVE! :-)

message 35: by JanetTronstad (new)

Lyn -- very nice!

message 36: by Joy (new)

Joy Aww, Lyn. How very sweet. :)

message 37: by Lyn (new)

Lyn, blushing and hiding her face.:-)

message 38: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennafraugh) | 4102 comments aww, you don't hear stories like that very often! He's a keeper!

message 39: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I'm a little late, but I have to add my own signature in purple and pink! Every other letter! It's never too late for love right?
Love and wishes to all my beloved friends! Love is something we all need- and it's abundant here! I am blessed to have you all in my life! HUGS!

Lyn, aww, too cute. Made my night for sure! :)

message 40: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Kingery (goodreadscomlaurie_kingery) | 137 comments I'm late chiming in, but signing in deepest purple--Happy Valentines to all our readers!

Blessings, Laurie Kingery

message 41: by JanetTronstad (new)

Tbhanks, Laurie -- and it's never too late.