Women's Just for Fun Book Club discussion

READING > The Bronze Horseman (Tatiana and Alexander, #1)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Cunningham-Lozano (jmclozano) OK - I am just wondering for those that have read this story already... Who plays Alexander in the motion picture? I can't figure out what this man looks like in my mind. I never read so much about Russia. All my main characters in other stories could resemeble Ben Affleck, Leonardo DiCaprio even some various fashion models hahaha

But I can't picture Alexandar, yet! (well the body yes :)

I got Dimitiri down....

Just wanted to see what you guys thought....

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Cunningham-Lozano (jmclozano) Finished - I have to say that although it was a book for the book club I wasn't that impressed. I enjoyed the story but the inability for them to be together the struggles seemed so overwhelming.

I was glad they were able to admit to themselves but I think the story could have been told in 400 pages. :)

The author did make me feel like I was sitting on the couch on Fifth Soviet Avenue and swim in the lake or nearly die next to a soldier in the snow. So for that I will read the next story and see what happens to Tatiana and Alexander in their next chapter.

message 3: by Carla (new)

Carla  (carlaann13) Jennifer wrote: "OK - I am just wondering for those that have read this story already... Who plays Alexander in the motion picture? I can't figure out what this man looks like in my mind. I never read so much about..."

Henry Cavil - he was in the Tudors. There are pics on Paullina Simons facebook

message 4: by ReadingForJane (new)

ReadingForJane | 1 comments Hello! I am new but saw that you were reading The Bronze Horseman and Juliet, two books I am just finishing now. I like the Bronze Horseman and am fascinated by the siege of Stalingrad but found some of the scenes a bit repetitive.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Cunningham-Lozano (jmclozano) ReadingForJane wrote: "Hello! I am new but saw that you were reading The Bronze Horseman and Juliet, two books I am just finishing now. I like the Bronze Horseman and am fascinated by the siege of Stalingrad but found s..."

Sounds like you would enjoy our group. Please join us! We have a poll up for next months (April)readings. Hope to hear from you soon.