Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Self Promotion Tips > Wikipedia

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J. (new)

J. Rubino (jrubino) I recently found that it is possible to add your material to certain subject listings in Wikipedia. Following a link to their entry for Jane Austen's "Lady Susan", I saw that under "adaptations" there were some stage plays and books. So I read the feed for adding or editing an entry and added our book, "Lady Vernon and Her Daughter" (an adaptation of Lady Susan) to the entry.
I then checked around for categories that might cover my previous series and added my name, my series and my protagonist to relevant categories.
What this will do is to hook your entry into search engines - it may not have a significant value in promotion, but it can't hurt and it's very easy to do.
J. Rubino
"Lady Vernon and Her Daughter"
also: "Death of a DJ", "Fruitcake", "Cheat the Devil", "Plot Twist", "Cake Job" (in the "Deadly Morsels" anthology; "Raise the Dead" - the Cat Austen/Victor Cardenas mysteries.

message 2: by Adam (new)

Adam Bender (adambender) | 21 comments Just a word of caution: Wikipedia's editors are very good at tracking down self-promotion, so make sure you're not just posting an ad for your book.

message 3: by J. (new)

J. Rubino (jrubino) No, you don't post an ad or a plug - but, for example, if you wrote a book with an African American detective, and there is a category "African American detective characters", you can easily add your character's name to the list.