A Dilemma Indeed! Do I Stitch or Do I Read? discussion

Do you sew? Show us what you are working on!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 18 comments OK, I'll get this started. I love showing off my projects.
But, ummmm.....can someone show me how to post pictures?

message 2: by Tara (last edited Feb 22, 2011 06:22PM) (new)

Tara (athenasoul) testing photo upload..

description

- image from google

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara (athenasoul) To get a picture you need to upload your photo to a website such as photobucket or flickr. Then when you come to share it here press "(some html is ok)" that brings up a list of html codes that you need to insert photos or modify your post.

Copy the code next to img and place it in your comment. In the code there is a web address for good reads - next to img src and it's between 2 ". Remove the text between the quotation marks and replace it with the URL of your photo.

Feel free to message me if you need any help.

message 4: by Patricia (last edited Mar 02, 2011 04:44AM) (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 18 comments Here's an ereader bag I made yesterday. This fits a Kindle inside an Oberon cover. (Finally figured out how to post a picture!)

description

message 5: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (tivey) | 9 comments lovely kindle cover!

i just finished a baby bib and will now be working on hand quilting.
just read 'my life' by bill clinton. skimmed a lot but found it very interestingMy Life

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 18 comments Here's what I made last weekend. I always wanted to learn to do smocking and I'm always looking for new designs for Kindle and Nook bags, so I combined the two and came up with this.

description
description

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 18 comments Here's what I made today: It'll hold a Kindle or Nook in a case, or an iPad in an Apple Smart Case.

description

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesliegw) | 1 comments Very cute. I am often in your same dilemma. I don't know whether to needlepoint/cross-stitch or read.

message 9: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (tivey) | 9 comments i always want to read!!!!

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 18 comments I made an Easter basket and fabric eggs, my granddaughter loves them!

description

description

message 11: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (tivey) | 9 comments Patricia wrote: "I made an Easter basket and fabric eggs, my granddaughter loves them!

they are beautiful!!!!

"

message 12: by Patricia (last edited May 02, 2011 06:02AM) (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 18 comments Here's a bag I made this weekend. Was browsing at the fabric store and saw this denim fabric with pink embroidery and sequins. Not something I usually would be at all interested in, but it struck my fancy at the time. Had a new purse pattern I was wanting to try, so made it up in this denim/pink fabric. It has two slash pockets on front and a zippered pocket on the back. It's just the right size to hold my wallet, cosmetic bag, and my Kindle!
description description description

message 13: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (lauriedeneve-ewing) | 5 comments I am new to the group. I quilt, knit etc and at the moment I am in the process of spinning my own yarn.

message 14: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 18 comments Hi Laurie, you'll have to show us some of your yarn, or some of your projects. Readers and quilters are soul sisters!

message 15: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (lauriedeneve-ewing) | 5 comments I agree. It is sometimes really hard to pick which to do. So when my fingers get tired i read or i listen to books on my i pod and do both. I am a bad speller but always have a lot to say.

message 16: by Pamela (new)

Pamela aka Scottieluvr (scottieluvr) These are awesome projects! Y'all have given me some ideas on creating a yarn bag. My current one does have enough compartments; for needles, books, bling materials, etc.

My projects I post to my personal web site: scottieluvr.com - yes I do that old-fashioned version of static cyber home. No bogs for me, juggling too many other projects to be a daily writer.

I am hoping to spark this topic into dialog again. I am so craving other crafters to exchange with. *LOL* WOW! That sounds so desparate... *LOL*

message 17: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne (tivey) | 9 comments its lovely to see the projects. i'm currently embroidering some kitchen towels and have many ufos to finish including a sampler quilt started three years ago. but a new book is calling my name for this afternoon as its a rainy day here.

message 18: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (ecoaustin) Hi I'm new to group. And will probably be absent most of time. I have been on GRs for almost 2 yrs and have never joined anything. I prefer my needlework and books. A "friend"of mine who introduced me to GRS signed me up for a discussion group and the first day I was there got invited to take reading challenge. I did even tho they are 4 mos ahead of me. Then I joined a "group" read (have no idea what one does in a group read???) of a series of books(one/mo)so that puts me around 62+ books for the next 8 mos. As for stitching I am trying to complete cross-stitching (what I do most) projects for grandneicce and neice & nephew. I have about 30 cross-stitching projects in the different stages of completion. I never do small projects. The one I'm doing for my grand neice is as small as they come. If I knew how to add pics I would.I also knit,sew and crochet. Hope I haven't been too long winded. P.S. I felt like I had come home when I brought up this site. Women just like me.

message 19: by Christy (new)

Christy Brannen (murdermostbritish) | 7 comments Mod
You know, I started this group, but guess I didn't ahve anything clicked to follow it, so I had no idea people had even joined! I'm flabbergasted, and hope you are all still here!

I also started a Yahoo group by the same name for the sole purpose of swapping handcrafted (needlework) bookmarks...crochet, knit, tat, pc, xs...we're a couple months into it. I assign partners around the 1st to anyone who has signed up for the monthly swap...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/A_dilem... if you are interested.

Christy

message 20: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Kerr | 1 comments Hello everyone. I'm new to this group. I live in Iowa and we winter in Texas. I Love to crochet and have quite a few projects to either get started or finish. Looking forward to showing some of my work in this forum. I'm working on a prayer shawl for our local Hospice right now.

message 21: by Laurie (new)

Laurie (lauriedeneve-ewing) | 5 comments I knit prayer shawls for my church ellen

message 22: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut I sew, quilt and do a lot of needlecrafts, as well as stamping and other crafts. You can see my projects on my Pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/craftnut2012/. Anyone else on Pinterest?

message 23: by Marjo (new)

Marjo | 4 comments I have boards on Pintrest but have not used them to display my finishes. I post them mostly on my blog and Facebook.

message 24: by Craftnut (new)

Craftnut I don't do facebook, and I haven't done a blog. I just don't have the time to dedicate to writing one, although I have thought about it!

A Dilemma Indeed! Do I Stitch or Do I Read?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

My Life (other topics)