Sci-Fi Romance discussion

Talk Genre > Your First SFR?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by new_user (new)

new_user | 755 comments I'm curious, what were your first SFR? :)

message 2: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 96 comments My very first "official" SFR was Finder's Keepers by Linnea Sinclair. I was hooked immediately.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Hmmm.... I can't remember, and its really bothering me!

message 4: by CaliGirlRae (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 67 comments Clare Dargin's Cold Warriors. Probably why's it my fave. :-)

message 5: by Canoe (new)

Canoe | 41 comments I was an ARC reader for An Accidental Goddess

message 6: by AnnaM (last edited Feb 14, 2011 02:31PM) (new)

AnnaM (annamc) | 1111 comments Before I knew what SFR was it was either something by Anne McCaffery or Marion Zimmer Bradley. I read both of their series' (Pern and Darkover) before I was 12.

I think I learned of the term SFR while critiquing one of my crit partner, Jeanine Berry's, sfr books. Right about that time is when I joined writing lists, learned of Linnea Sinclair and Catherine Asaro, Pauline Baird Jones and lots of others. Before my crit group I didn't know SFR was SFR but rather shippy fiction.

message 7: by Celestine (new)

Celestine | 286 comments Nina Croft's Break Out (Blood Hunter, #1) by Nina Croft was my first SFR read, although it has a lot of crossover into paranormal. The newest in the series is coming out Aug. 24: Blood and Metal (Blood Hunter, #5) by Nina Croft

message 8: by J.C. (new)

J.C. (jc_hay) | 30 comments Sinclair's Finders Keepers was my first SFR. I immediately devoured the rest of her stuff, and fell in love with the genre.

message 9: by Sela (new)

Sela (selacarsen) | 33 comments I'm pretty sure my first SFR was Anne McCaffrey's Restoree. Boy, now that's an oldie, but a goodie. But I didn't start looking for SFR specifically until after I dove into Linnea's Dock 5 series.

message 10: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 334 comments I'm not sure about the romance part - more just sexual encounters - but Ray Bradbury is my first sci-fi author that I can remember.

message 11: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 44 comments Warrior Prince: Dragon Lords Anniversary Edition

Loved it, although I'm not much into erotica anymore.

You know actually now that I think about it, I believe my first sci-fi romance was one of the Ly-San-Ter books by Johanna Lindsay. I can't remember which one I read first, but I know it wasn't the first one.

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenniferl915) | 320 comments I have always been a fan of sci-fi and fantasy. But the first true SFR I read was Close Liaisons, Laurann Dohner, Cathryn Cade, and S.E. Smith. I haven't stopped reading SFR since.