Amaryllis in Blueberry Amaryllis in Blueberry discussion

Cover Art

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pat (new)

Pat Does it bother anyone else that the flower in the woman's/girl's hands is not an amaryllis? That was the first thing that struck me when I saw this book. It automatically says to me that this is not a well-edited, well done publication. Since the amaryllis is the subject of the title of the book and the flower is the focus of the cover art, wouldn't you think that the publisher would have taken a minute to be sure that they used an actual amaryllis bloom? Cover art is supposed to be your first impression of the book and,ideally, be designed to tell you something about the story and make you want to read more. Picky, I know, but it doesn't make me want to read more about the book or even read it.

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina I'm the author of this book and believe me, the book was well edited! Gallery is an incredible publisher--and my editor is so talented... I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to work with such talented people. They were perfectly aware that the flower is not an amaryllis. The cover is meant to be taken more symbolically, not so literally. And it does tell you a lot about the book--far more than an actual amaryllis would have... Perhaps the flower is a handful of water; the petals falling tears or falling blueberries... I could go on. Personally, I love the cover. I can't take any credit for it--it was all Gallery. But I say kudos to them!