Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments I found myself looking at my bookshelves here on Goodreads and studying the stats which sort our shelved READ books by year and that also total the pages read. My new goal is to enter all of the remaining books I read in 2008, slowly filling that out so I can see my page counts for the last few years. It is rather fun walking down memory lane with the books I read that year (stored in my Excel spreadsheet)

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2997 comments I'll stick with the spreadsheet. Too much data entry means not enough reading. (with 8000 pages behind me, the average length of book read this year is 426 pages. Quite high, but there were the Stieg Larssons to consider)

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Barry: yes, I will never give up my Excel spreadsheet either!! ... but (it appears) you kept up with your pages read as you went along, I haven't done that in my spreadsheet. I thought about starting to do that but it was too much to go back and reconstruct and I didn't keep it up.
Barry wrote: "I'll stick with the spreadsheet. Too much data entry means not enough reading. (with 8000 pages behind me, the average length of book read this year is 426 pages. Quite high, but there were the ..."

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2997 comments Anal retentive that I am, I have multiple spreadsheets. One just tracks the authors I have read (or want to) and whether I have read or have a particular book. I can call that up on my android when shopping and use it as the basis of purchase. Another is a spreadsheet just of the stats for a given year, book, pages, month read, and calcs for total books, total pages, origin of book (new, used etc), the last is a word type doc for reviews and grades. I have shared with sherry and carol since they are google docs, if you want to see what is behind the curtain, message me with a google address and i will let you in.