We Read Themes! discussion

March Theme Nominations :)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 16 comments Mod
We can nominate different themes for march here. If there is any major event or holiday or even just some theme you would love to read more books about please leave them here. After everyone who wants to nominate has done so we will post a poll to vote and then nominate books and post a poll to pick those books.

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia | 4 comments Race/ racism handled well in a genre one would not expect it to be like science fiction/ fantasy/ mystery/ westerns. (I have found few Romances I like, or else I'd list it here.)

For an example, look at Octavia E. Butler's books.

message 3: by Whitney (new)

I dont know if that theme is to specific. How would we know if its done well until after we read it?and it doesnt really have to be romance i just did that because of feburary.I think we could prob do a book that deals with racisim and differences. Ill be sure to put that one up for voting thanks :)

message 4: by Whitney (new)

Another one I was thinking of when looking at the Calender was since St patricks day is coming up we could also have a Irish Folklore/fairytale/lore theme.

message 5: by Whitney (new)

hey everyone please go ahead and nominate a theme so that we can please vote and then nominate and vote for books. Thanks.

message 6: by Whitney (new)

On the 25th I will be puting up the poll.

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia | 4 comments How about robots as a theme?

message 8: by Erol (new)

Erol Ozan (erolozan) | 1 comments How about anthropological science fiction?

message 9: by Whitney (new)

Erol wrote: "How about anthropological science fiction?"

huh would that be a theme or a Genre?

we have to word it so that it can contain more than one book and it wont be super hard to find a book for it. i think it would be a great theme though. ill try to put the poll up asap everyone Im having visitors from out of town plus I have projects and Exams.

message 10: by Whitney (last edited Feb 27, 2011 09:41AM) (new)

Julia wrote: "How about robots as a theme?"

this is a good example of a theme. I think it can be a little confusing for some people so this is the example we will use.

Theme-robots
Genre- Steampunk

message 11: by Whitney (new)

I would also like the books to be something that can either be bought or borrowed form a library so that more people can praticipate but we will talk about that more in the actual book nominstions post.

message 12: by Whitney (new)

sorry everyone lets give this another try I have been very busy with school and have not had internet for a while. lets give this another try for April.

Thanks
Chakara