What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Mature: Police looking for criminal; man on man rape.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by When (last edited Feb 10, 2011 04:49PM) (new)

When | 1 comments I personally never read the book but my professor discussed it in class.

Its about a Man (who is pretending to be a police man) who is looking for this criminal (he is young) because he WANTS him. It is a western book and somewhat controversial. But the man looks for the guy and at the end of the book he finds him in a bar (i believe its in Texas). The guy goes to the bathroom (i guess called an outhouse back then.)and the man follows then the man rapes him. the man leaves the bathroom and another person walks into the bathroom where he finds the guy with two holes. One specifically where a hole shouldn't be.

i always have the feeling that William Burroughs wrote the book but i cant find it anywhere.

message 2: by Kevin (last edited Feb 16, 2011 11:17AM) (new)

Kevin (buller) This reminds me of one of the final scenes in Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy in which the judge kills the kid. The book is a controversial Western. Read the Wikipedia synopsis of the scene:
The man hires a prostitute, then afterwards goes to an outhouse under another meteor shower. In the outhouse, he is surprised to see the judge, naked, who "gathered him in his arms against his immense and terrible flesh." This is the last mention of the man, though in the next scene, two men come from the saloon and encounter a third man urinating near the outhouse. The unnamed third man advises the two not to go into the outhouse. They ignore the suggestion, open the door, and can only gaze in awed horror at what they see, one of them stating only "Good God almighty." The last paragraph finds the judge back in the saloon, dancing and playing fiddle wildly among the drunkards and the whores, claiming that he will never die.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
When, are you still looking for this book?

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When hasn't been active since posting this. I sent him/her a PM with thread link. If he doesn't reply soon, the next mod to read this can move it down to Abandoned.