Best Teen Books discussion

Chaos Walking Series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Molly (new)

Molly | 9 comments I just finished reading the first book in the Chaos Walking series and totally liked it. I thought that the beginning was a little slow (actually, A LOT slow) but once the story picked up, it really picked up. The books are about Todd, who is the last and youngest boy in Prentisstown. All his life, Todd has been told that the Noise killed all the women. Noise is all Todd can hear. Noise is like hearing everyone else's thoughts and they can hear yours too. So, when Todd is told that he needs to run away, he can't imagine it. Prentisstown is all he's ever known! Before this time he had thought that there was nothing else out there, no one else left on the world after the great war with the Spackle. (Spackle-Aliens) But as he is running through the swamp to get away from Prentisstown, he meets someone. (I bet you can guess) And of course, he meets a girl. Who would have seen that coming! Todd has never seen a woman in his life. He has seen picutes in the other men's Noise but never one in real life.

Has anyone read this series? Should I read the next one too? What did you think of the book?

-Molly

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Definitely read the next book! This is, hands down, my favorite trilogy. So, so good.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie Weaver | 1 comments Agreed! I can't say enough about this series. I agree with Angela - this is my favorite trilogy of 2010. I liked it much better than Hunger Games. Action packed, thought provoking - it will tug at your heart. Don't miss this series.

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly | 9 comments I just finished the first one and quickly moved on to The Ask and the Answer! I'm about halfway through and so far its amazing!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) I bought the first book a few months ago and just haven't had time yet to read it. I relly want to get into the series.

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly | 9 comments Finished The Ask and the Answer! Sooooo thrilling!!

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Molly wrote: "Finished The Ask and the Answer! Sooooo thrilling!!"

I hope you have Monsters of Men handy! It is such a great finale.

message 8: by Cheralaine (new)

Cheralaine Cole-Johnson | 6 comments I agree that this is a very well written, thought provoking series. Themes of oppression and the horrors of war are well explored. I believe that The Ask and the Answer is the hardest (emotionally) of the three to read. I run a literacy program for my adolescent patients and this is my "go to" book for boys. I actually refer to it as The Hunger Games for boys. I even gave it to my twenty-five year old son-in-law, who is not a fiction reader, and he now goes around quoting the books.