Into the Forest discussion

Film/TV /Radio Adaptations > Fairy Tale Movie article

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine (chrisarrow) | 1387 comments Mod
Here's a link to a new fairy tale movie article. Famke Jamsen (Jean Grey in the X-Men movies, a former Bond girl) will play the Wicked Witch in Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters. Stanley Tucci will be the villian in Bryan Singer's Jack the Giant Killer.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/02/08/fai...

At the bottom of the EW article is a link to rank Disney princesses by thier hair.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Wow, fairy tale movies are really becoming the new trend. It's kind of exciting because it's fun to see films depicting the darker side of the stories. On the other hand, it might become too "Hollywood" and/or overkill. I still don't know if I want to see Red Riding Hood because it seems so angsty-- in a teenage love triangle sort of way.

(I don't mind love triangles. Just not TEENAGE ANGST love triangles. Haha.)

message 3: by Christine (new)

I have the same concerns about Red Riding Hood. I really do.

message 4: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (minuet33) | 43 comments Red Riding Hood was ok. I don't know the best way to describe it, but it was better than Eclipse. (At of all the Twilight books, the storyline in this one was the weakest, ick)

message 5: by Christine (new)

I'll rent it then. I haven't touched the Twilight books, though.

message 6: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 76 comments Wow I'm excited about this. I recently saw the Red Riding Hood movie. I really enjoyed it although I will say it is "loosly" based on the tale most people are familiar with.