YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Adult Paranormal and Fantasy > Chicagoland Vampires

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Friday Night Bites (Chicagoland Vampires, #2) by Chloe Neill Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5) by Chloe Neill

Fun UF series. The heroine is kick butt, much like Rose in VA, she's a warrior. She doesn't need a man to protect her, and she isn't waiting around for the guy she likes to come to her.

In fact, she turns him down a lot because she doesn't like being second place to his responsibilities. It's a fun, different take on an urban fantasy.

This series is less steamy, similar in content to an older YA book. There is sex at some point, but she doesn't hop into bed with the guy for at least a few books. These books are definitely more action/story based.

message 2: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Need to read this. Like now.

message 3: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
ditto!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) This one is the mildest in content of the adult series I've listed, so for those that don't mind a little bit of steam but get a bit weirded out by too much, this is a nice step up from a YA book.

message 5: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Argh I wanna read it so bad.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I really liked books 1 and 3, but for some reason, the second one wasn't that great. Hoping the 4th one will be good. I think it will be.

message 7: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I think I'll read them next month

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 75 comments OH these sound good will have to give them a try