YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 10, 2011 02:13PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson Lady of Light and Shadows (Tairen Soul, #2) by C.L. Wilson King of Sword and Sky (Tairen Soul, #3) by C.L. Wilson Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4) by C.L. Wilson Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5) by C.L. Wilson

I only know of one person in this group that's read the series but I want to recommend it like crazy. The first book takes a few chapters to get into, but once you understand the world you're hooked. I love just about every single character in this series, even the side characters!

It has :

Lots of hot, warrior Fey men. Several of them get their own side stories in the books, so if you can't find at least one to call your own, I don't know what else to say.

A main character that is half Fey/half Tairen (a flying shifter cat! epic)

The books have all the elements of a good epic fantasy :

Wars
Magic
Mystical Lands
Obstacles meant to divide people that you care about

The books also have a great love story for those that like romance in with their epic battles! There are sex scenes, but I like that the main couple doesn't have real sex (they do have relations before in their spirit form, which I can't really explain) until they are married, which is kind of cool and something you don't see very often.

There is a lot of humor in these books as well. One of my favorite scenes involves Ellie, the female lead, in which she's been given a combination of a magic enhancing drug and an aphrodisiac and she unknowingly weaves spirit over a royal dinner party and turns the whole room into lustful people that are trying hard not to get all over each other! I was laughing my butt off when the warriors on guard asked if they could be let off duty and RAN out of the castle looking for women!

message 2: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
OMG I HAVE TO READ THIS!!!!

message 3: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) me too!!

message 4: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

it sounds good right!!

message 5: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) definitely!!

message 6: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

maybe i will read it in march!

message 7: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Eh my libraries don't have them. I'll have to wait til I'm rich xDD

message 8: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol i hear ya!! i am dead broke right now!

message 9: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Same lolol I need a job

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I bought these for my Nook before the republish, back when they were like 3 bucks apiece, so I never bothered to put togther a pdf collection. One of my friends gave me two in the middle of the series, but I don't have the complete set.

They're probably not hard to find though. I'll look around at some point.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) I Love this Series!! I have them all on my Nook and then when the last one came out I bought the set autographed. Cheryl is a great writer. I'm also looking foward to her next book The Winter King.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I didn't know you read these books! I thought Shera was the only one in this group, and I don't see her post over here anymore. Or maybe I did know and I just forgot. It's easy to do.

This is hands down my favorite fantasy series. It has every single thing to make a book good without going too heavy on the war or too heavy on the love story, etc. It's balanced well.

I wonder when The Winter King is going to be out? It's cool that she's writing something different but I can't feel antsy and wish she'd start Bel and Gaelen's spin off books first!

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) Not sure when The Winter King is going to be out. I did read an excerpt that was a good tease for it.

Bel's book will be the first spin off and then she will do one for Gaelen.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I know most like Gaelen better but I've had a soft spot for Bel since book 1. It always seemed like he secretly carried a torch for Ellie, although he never would have said anything.

Although, I think everyone was in awe of Ellie. Gaelen was too.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Oh and I want a wedding for Kieran and Kiel and (view spoiler). I love how a future relationship was hinted at in the last book. They BETTER be back in the spin off. I'm a huge Kieran fan. He was so hot.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) I know I had a thing for Gaelen. I love a cocky guy with confidence, it's sexy! I think your right about Bel. When she healed him he was hers from then on.

I'm sure will see Kieran and Keil again. Cheryl would have people knocking her door down if she didn't. Heehee

message 17: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 14, 2011 02:06PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I knew they were going to be linked to (view spoiler) from either the first or second book. It was so well written that I didn't (view spoiler).

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) Can't get enough of Stili either.

message 19: by Isamlq (new)

Isamlq :)

message 20: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 19, 2011 01:52PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) What does "wahaaha! someone translate KILIG!" mean on your update? Am I supposed to be translating something?

Just hurry up and get to the dinner scene where she weaves an aphrodisiac spell. :p

message 21: by Isamlq (last edited Mar 19, 2011 04:48PM) (new)

Isamlq Stacia ~ Mistress of Mediocrity wrote: "What does "wahaaha! someone translate KILIG!" mean on your update? Am I supposed to be translating something?

Just hurry up and get to the dinner scene where she weaves an aphrodisiac spell. :p"

Im so happy to be reading something different :)
I wish I could translate that word for you.. the best I can so is describe it as that feeling you get when you read something really sweet/romantic. Im taking my time with this one... and I feel the way I felt when I read the 3rd Kate Daniels book! :) :):)

message 22: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Mar 20, 2011 12:55AM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I need to get back to Kate Daniels. What is wrong with me that I keep starting series and don't finish them? It's got to stop. Especially when I know that I'll like the rest of the series.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) Too many great books out there, just makes your head spin. ;)

message 24: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

im soo excited i just got the first book in the mail!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Oh nice!

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) Congrates!

message 27: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1 comments I LOVE this series, I read the 5 books in one week, I couldn't put them down... each book as a good ending, and I wonder who would be the bad guy in the next series... if Ellie would have babies.. if the twins would get married...
The author is unpredictable so anything could happen.. :)

message 28: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (truejourney) | 50 comments I am currently reading this book. I'm having a hard time ripping my self away most of the time. I feel like a zombie :)