Ecletic Readers discussion

17 views
Discussions > What are you reading now?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
Let me know what you are currently reading.


message 2: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
Right now I am currently reading My Wife's Affair by Nancy Woodruff

I just started it during lunch and I am currently on page 73. I already see where this book is heading, who she is going to cheat with. I almost don't want to read the rest but I am.


message 3: by The (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) I'm reading "The Morgue and Me" by someone :o can't remember the name. It's a mystery book so I don't want to say much :/


message 4: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
Andy wrote: "I'm reading "The Morgue and Me" by someone :o can't remember the name. It's a mystery book so I don't want to say much :/"

I put that on my to read list.


message 5: by The (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) :) awesome!


message 6: by Ghira (new)

Ghira | 5 comments Beach Road by James Patterson and Mary Ann in Autumn by Armistead Maupin.


message 7: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
Ghira wrote: "Beach Road by James Patterson and Mary Ann in Autumn by Armistead Maupin."

I love James Patterson...sounds good Ghira.


message 8: by Ghira (new)

Ghira | 5 comments Today I'm reading Misquoting Jesus. What is everybody else reading?


message 9: by The (new)

The Pyromaniac00 (pyromaniac00) Nothing >.<


message 10: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
I am reading Sherlock Holmes, REWORK and Full Dark, No Stars. I like King's short stories opposed to his longer novels.


message 11: by Ghira (new)

Ghira | 5 comments "I like King's short stories opposed to his longer novels."

Agreed.


message 12: by Veronica (last edited Sep 23, 2011 09:50PM) (new)

Veronica (summerlynn) Living in the Pink by Sharon Tubbs and Jane Erye by Charlotte Bronte


message 13: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
I'm reading Absolom! Absolom! so far it's eh


message 14: by Shewanda (new)

Shewanda Pugh | 4 comments First, I'd like to say that I think this group is an awesome idea--probably because my bookshelf looks like the public library. Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, slowly though since I've seen all the movies and already know this is my least favorite. Next I'm be reading Room or one Phillipa Gregory book or another. My shelf is stacked with a waitlist.


message 15: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
Shewanda wrote: "First, I'd like to say that I think this group is an awesome idea--probably because my bookshelf looks like the public library. Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, slow..."

Nice...I've always wanted to start reading the Harry Potter series but never got to it. There are just to many books to read. lol.

Which Phillipa Gregory book you debating?


message 16: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
I'm currently reading way to many things lol...first I have to finish Absalom! Absalom! then I will be reading The Infernals which is part 2 to a truly amazing supernatural young adult novel and then The Corn Maiden. With classes almost finish for the semester it will once again be a reading feast.


message 17: by Shewanda (new)

Shewanda Pugh | 4 comments Cina wrote: "Shewanda wrote: "First, I'd like to say that I think this group is an awesome idea--probably because my bookshelf looks like the public library. Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of ..."
The White Queen has been sitting on my shelf some time, complaining of neglect, so it'll probably be that one. As for Harry Potter, I'm the sort of person who wishes books would never end. I'm still upset the series is over. What of Harry's children? His grandchildren?
It's a problem, I know.


message 18: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
laughs...I am a serial reader like that. I hate starting a series of books and then it ends on me. I felt like that with Hunger Games.

I work at a library and every time I pass by Philipa Gregory books I always say I have to read that. I need more eyes.


message 19: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
Veronica wrote: "Living in the Pink by Sharon Tubbs and Jane Erye by Charlotte Bronte"

Did you finish read them?


message 20: by Shewanda (new)

Shewanda Pugh | 4 comments Cina wrote: "laughs...I am a serial reader like that. I hate starting a series of books and then it ends on me. I felt like that with Hunger Games.

I work at a library and every time I pass by Philipa Gregory..."


When I was a child I had this problem. I remember a feeling of desperation when a book ended, followed by grabbing several sheets of white lined paper and writing "AND THEN..."
lol


message 21: by Shewanda (new)

Shewanda Pugh | 4 comments Shewanda wrote: "Cina wrote: "Shewanda wrote: "First, I'd like to say that I think this group is an awesome idea--probably because my bookshelf looks like the public library. Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and ..."

I am envious of the library job though. It's the career I would've pursued in an alternate universe.


message 22: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (summerlynn) I just finished The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta. Also reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen


message 23: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
Veronica wrote: "I just finished The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta. Also reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen"

How is Water for Elephants, the movie looked like the book would be great.


message 24: by Avis (new)

Avis Black (avisblack) I've just recently read The Little Book of Bitchy Thoughts The Little Book of Bitchy Thoughts and found it to be quite enjoyable. It was good to read when feeling you needed to have your pipes cleared.


message 25: by Cina (new)

Cina (cinabeena) | 32 comments Mod
HRT wrote: "I've just recently read The Little Book of Bitchy Thoughts and found it to be quite enjoyable. It was good to read when feeling you needed to have your pipes cleared."

Nice...sounds like a book I should recommend to some friends.


message 26: by Avis (new)

Avis Black (avisblack) I had the exact same thought. *Grins*


back to top