Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments Being relatively new to this group, I'm just starting to get my feet wet in terms of challenges. I'm feeling much like a little fish in a large pond.

The newest quarterly challenge is up and I'd really like to jump right into it. However, looking at the categories leaves me wracking my brain. I was curious if any of the members here have a certain way they go about finding books to match the criteria in these challenges. Do some of you just rely on your knowledge of authors or do you use search engines?

I'm rather new to the romance genre and I feel like I've only covered the tip of the iceberg in terms of author and genre variety.

Thanks for the replies in advance!

message 2: by D.G. (last edited Feb 10, 2011 11:36AM) (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Hi Amanda,

I look at my TBR and start with the obvious categories (those that deal with a certain genres, colors in covers or a certain number of letters in the title because those you can figure out at a glance.) Then go to the less obvious categories (character is a fireman, etc.) and I do a search in another book site I belong to that allows me to search the description of my books and that way I find out if this character is a teacher, lives is Seattle, etc. After that if I'm missing something, I see what other people have posted...sometimes I don't know that a certain book I have fits a particular challenge until somebody else posts about it.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 634 comments Would you happen to know of a site that let's you search books by keywords or something like that?