What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Do You Love Me, Harvey Burns?
This topic is about Do You Love Me, Harvey Burns?
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book about a girl dating a Jewish boy-maybe named Harvey? [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joanie | 66 comments I was trying to think of the name of this book today. It's about a girl who dates a Jewish boy. He and his family are new in town and the victims of some anti-Semititism but then it also turns out that the boy did some of the stuff himself to get attention. I feel like the title of the book is the names of the girl and the boy and that the boy's name is Harvey or something. There are also these swans that come to town and someone kills them and the girl is really upset but once again, I think it ends up that they boy is the one who did it. Sound familiar to anyone?

Joanie | 66 comments Just wanted to bump this up to see if it's familiar to anyone. I remember so many little details-the girl's friends mother makes a mock apple pie out of Ritz crackers, I even remember the outfit the girl wears-just not the title!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Joanie, You know, between your two posts it sounds familiar. It would be helpful if you'd post another message with all you remember about it since it sounds as though you remember more. Maybe I'd remember then. Thanks.

message 4: by E (new)

E | 6 comments Is it "Alan and Naomi" by Myron Levoy?

message 5: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 196 comments "Do You Love Me, Harvey Burns?" by Jean Marzollo.

message 6: by April Ann (new)

April Ann (bloomer) | 516 comments Lorna wrote: ""Do You Love Me, Harvey Burns?" by Jean Marzollo. "

That's the one I just found here's a summary:

Description:
When Lisa Barnes works on her high school science project with Harvey Burns, she begins receiving anti-semitic notes in the mail which seem intent on breaking up their friendship.

Joanie | 66 comments Just decided to look this one up and saw that it got solved-yeah!! It is Do You Love Me Harvey Burns, Thanks Lorna!