KidLit discussion

Great Hockey Book for Kids

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:41PM) (new)

Crystal Allen | 5 comments Hi everyone!

If you are looking for a great hockey book for kids check out Clancy with the Puck. It comes with a DVD of the animated cartoon version of the book created by Studio B Productions who do a lot of the cartoons on Nickelodeon and YTV.

Visit the Clancy with the Puck website to download Clancy Hockey Cards, read an author Q&A with Chris Mizzoni and see interior spreads of the book [http://www.raincoast.com/clancy/index...]

Also check out the Clancy with the Puck Podcast at [http://www.snitcast.com/raincoast/200...].

Chris Mizzoni is a member of GoodReads. He's listed as one of my friends. I'm sure he would love to answer any questions about being a picture book author and illustrator if anyone is interested.

Enjoy!

Crystal

message 2: by Val (new)

Val (Valz) Clancy with the puck looks great!

message 3: by Lucianna (new)

Lucianna (lucianna77) | 6 comments Try also DinoHockey by Lisa Wheeler

message 4: by Donna-Lee (last edited Mar 07, 2010 11:58AM) (new)

Donna-Lee | 4 comments This topic convinced me to join this group. I grew up watching hockey and remember Peter Puck. My boys have enjoyed the following.
Z Is For Zamboni A Hockey Alphabet Edition 1. by Matt M. NapierZ Is For Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet Edition 1.
Gretzky's Game (Hockey Heroes Series) by Mike LeonettiGretzky's Game
Franklin Plays Hockey (A Franklin TV Storybook) by Sharon JenningsFranklin Plays Hockey
The Hockey Sweater by Roch CarrierThe Hockey Sweater

message 5: by Bernadette (new)

Bernadette (bernadettesimpson) Donna-Lee wrote: "This topic convinced me to join this group. I grew up watching hockey and remember Peter Puck. My boys have enjoyed the following.
Z Is For Zamboni A Hockey Alphabet Edition 1. by Matt M. Napier[..."

I was hoping someone would mention Z is for Zamboni!

message 6: by Krista (new)

Krista Breen (KristaMichelleBreen) | 7 comments My son who plays hockey, but was a reluctant reader, really enjoyed the Screech Owls series by Roy MacGregor.

The Complete Screech Owls, Volume 1 by Roy MacGregor

The Complete Screech Owls, Volume 2 by Roy MacGregor

The series has a website at www.screechowls.com with player profiles and lots of other cool stuff.