Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > GR author name

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Is there any way to "fix" this author name to have it like all the others in the system?

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Just a small thing, kind of irking me.. :)

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth (bethjustbeth) | 1586 comments Fixed, like in captitalization? I wonder if all the books would follow, or if they'd need to be fixed individually?

I can see how it bugs.

message 3: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 392 comments ♥Eva♥ wrote: "Is there any way to "fix" this author name to have it like all the others in the system?

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Just a small thing, kind of irking me.. :)"

We can't fix it, only the author can because he's a Goodreads Author. You can send him a message and ask him to fix it.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 392 comments Beth wrote: "Fixed, like in captitalization? I wonder if all the books would follow, or if they'd need to be fixed individually?

I can see how it bugs."

Changing an author name (use the edit data link in the author profile box) changes all the books with that name. Unless the author is a Goodreads Author, any librarian can change an author's name.

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 579 comments He is a GR Author, but messaging him might or might not be received well by the author.

I would bounce a message to Patrick, who is handling the GR Author program, I believe, and ask him to handle it. TPTB can make the change if the author doesn't respond to Patrick, if they so decide.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41674 comments Mod
I've contacted Patrick about this.

message 7: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments Thanks everyone, Deborah yes, I was asking because he's a GR author and obviously we can't alter their info.
I was more or less trying to see if a super could do it.
Thanks rivka, things that aren't uniform jump right out at me!