United Hearts of Jesus and Mary discussion

Our Lady of Medjugorje > St. John the Baptist, Our Lady of Fatima

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana | 7 comments Mod
I'm not sure how knowledgeable the group is on Our Lady of Medjugorje, but the Blessed Mother began appearing in Medjugorje on the Catholic feast day set aside for St. John the Baptist on June 24, 1981.

Many people (including myself) believe that one of the reasons that Our Lady began appearing at Medjugorje was due, in part, to a direct response to prayer from Pope John Paul II, who survived the asassination attempt almost one month earlier, on the Feast Day of Our Lady of Fatima (May 13, 1981). After the attempt, it is reported that the Pope repeatedly prayed for the Blessed Mother to come, to heal the world, as he was suffering and approaching almost death.

So, there is a link between St. John the Baptist (who heralded the Coming of Jesus) and Our Lady of Fatima, which is another Marian apparition with apocalyptic dimensions. The events of Our Lady of Fatima happened between May 13 and October 13, 1917.

At Fatima, Our Lady correctly prophesized that there would be a future Communist Revolution in Russia (which took place later in 1918 by the Bolsheviks), World War II would occur if not enough prayer happened, and other things. A "Miracle of the Sun" also happened on the final day, which was witnessed by 70,000 people.

I truly believe in Our Lady of Medjugorje. If anyone has any questions, please ask--I'll be happy to share what I know about the Blessed Mother and her various apparitions. Or, I will just continue writing, until you have a question or a thought.

God bless you!

message 2: by Lee (new)

Lee Harmon (DubiousDisciple) | 3 comments Here's a book (primarily) about Medjugorje.

http://www.dubiousdisciple.com/2010/1...

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee Harmon (DubiousDisciple) | 3 comments oh, I already mentioned that in another thread. I'm sorry!

message 4: by Billie (new)

Billie (billiekaren) I love Our Lady of Medjugorje! I attend the National Conference of Medjugorje in South Bend, Indiana every year at Notre Dame University. To see a brochure of the 2013 Conference, go to:
www.QueenofPeaceMinistries.com
Yes, there is a connection between John the Baptist and Our Lady; John the Baptist heralds the coming of Jesus. Have you read Wayne Weible's new book, 'The Last Apparition: How It Will Change The World'?

message 5: by Smith (new)

Smith Family | 1 comments Medjugorje is condemned by it's bishop so, as the Catholic church says, we must (even if we personally believe in it) not to publicly push for it. If the Bishop is wrong--which I kind of doubt from this website--then later, when God wills, it will be found out. Here's a link to the website I was talking about. I don't mean to be rude or outspoken, I'm just stating the facts.

http://www.olrl.org/prophecy/medjugor...

If you scroll down a little, there will be a few paragraphs referring Medjugorje's words to the churches.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree with Smith. I am very interested in the Fatima apparitions, have read quite a bit about Garabandal, though still haven't made up my mind about that one, and would love to learn more about La Salette and Akito.