Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Link Please

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
Done.

Historical Fiction | 133 comments Hey Rivka, I'm gone through the manual a few times now and I'm still not seeing how to link titles. How do we do that?

message 4: by Cait (last edited Feb 10, 2011 08:12AM) (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments It probably makes a number of sections in the manual clearer if I point out that linking titles is called "combining". :)

To combine editions, you click on the "combine" link in the "other editions" box on the book's page or on the "combine editions" link next to "books" on an author's page or on the "combine editions" link in the sidebar of the editions page. When the combine page opens, just select the editions to combine and hit the "combine editions" button.

("Merging" editions is something else entirely. Yes, the terminology is tricky!)

Historical Fiction | 133 comments Lol. That helps a lot. I kept seeing the word "combine" and shying away since "combine" sounded like "merge" to me.

Thanks Cait. I'm still new to the librarian status and I'm not all that confident about making changes. I'm guessing this will be the first of many questions.

message 6: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments No problem -- I'm glad I could help! :)

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43624 comments Mod
We like questions. :)