Holy Love Messages > 1/14/11 Message: Divine Mercy & Love as "One"

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana | 7 comments Mod
A recent message from Holy Love Ministry on Divine Mercy:

January 14, 2011

"I am your Jesus, born Incarnate."

"Let Me begin by saying this. My Love and My Mercy are One. Those who do not understand My Mercy do not understand My Love. The depths of My Love for each soul are beyond human comprehension but at the same time, within spiritual understanding, if the heart is open and surrenders to Me."

"I do not turn away even the greatest sinner. My Most Tender Love is always ready to repair the broken-hearted - always ready to lift up the lowly, to console the mourner, and to bring all into the light of truth. I do not condemn; rather, the evildoer condemns himself. My forgiveness is from age to age for those who seek it. My compassion reaches out to those who suffer. Like a physician, I heal spiritual wounds which bind many hearts."

"My Love is omnipresent even in the world today which has embraced so much evil. My Divine Love demands that I reach out in every present moment to bring Light to darkness."

"I call all souls - each and every one - into the Light of Truth. For it is only in the Light of Truth you will recognize Me clothed in the present moment. It is through this Mission of Truth, which is Holy Love, that I am spreading knowledge of My Love throughout the world."

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana | 7 comments Mod
Upon reading this message from Jesus, I realize how oftentimes I forget what God's Mercy means. Here, Jesus is reminding us that His Love and Mercy are "One" and that the evildoer is the one who condemns himself, not God.

The Bible informs us that Jesus is the Judge of our souls--but, what does that mean exactly? In the Catholic faith, we are taught that when a person dies, their soul immediately appears before Jesus for its own 'particular judgment' to either Heaven (or purgatory first) or hell. But, how does Jesus act as the 'Judge' when in the above message, we are told His Love and Mercy are "One" and He is not the one who does the condemning?

In prayer and through spiritual reading, the best approach that I have come to reconciling these thoughts is this: Light and Darkness.

Unlike what most people commonly think, I know from my faith that evil (darkness) is not equal to Goodness (Light). Rather, evil is the privation of having any goodness in one's soul. Privation means that there is a void--like a black hole--in one's soul. Evil is a lack of having anything of God.

That is why it can be said that God existed before any evil was present in the world and before Creation. God, by His very nature, is "Something." Evil is the lack of having anything in itself. So, goodness and evil are not equal or opposites as most people think, but rather, the difference between "something" or "nothing at all."

And so, when I think of God's Mercy, I think about a soul who is with grace and has the Holy Spirit in them. At death, that soul can stand in the Presence of Christ, because the Holy Spirit supports them in His Light.

But, if someone dies with grave sin in their soul--when their soul is so black that it has a great void of any goodness at all, they cannot stand in the Light of God. It would be too painful for them to be in the Presence of such Holiness.

So, that soul, who has chosen evil, flees to where it most comfortable--the darkness of hell.

And so, that is how I reconcile in my mind the concepts of Jesus being Our Judge, but also not being the one who condemns the soul to hell. It also helps me to understand that God's Mercy and Love and Goodness are all "One."

Any thoughts? :)