Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Importing Cover Art - Done Thanks to Vic

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Does anyone know if we can import cover art for those books with none? A lack of covers makes a shelf look pretty sad.
Thanks!

message 2: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I've actually been working on that Lea. I applied to be a good reads librarian and have been starting to review the books on our group shelf. I've been updating the audio versions so that the narrator will show up with "Natalie Ross (Narrator)" and putting details in the book edition ex: "Unabridged - 11 CDs / 12 hours" so that when you click the book and bring up the details it's better. I did find a couple of books linked to the wrong edition and have corrected a couple of those. It will be a work in progress.

I think anyone can apply to be librarian but takes a day or 2 to get approval. If you go to someone's profile page, it will say "GoodReads Librarian" so you know who can do this.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Wow, the shelf is looking so much better with all that cover art! Thanks!

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) All the cover art is in place (and we were lacking quite a few covers). Thanks Vic! Go take a peek - it looks really good!

message 5: by Vic (last edited Feb 10, 2011 08:44AM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Sure. Although some of the other work I did putting the details of # CDs/Cassettes and total listening time was removed by one of the more experienced librarians. They say the put total # of hours in # pages field and details on cds/cassettes within the description. I'm "arguing" that on the goodreads librarian group but we'll see. :) But I trying to make sure that each narrator is listed as "author with (Narrator)" after it. And "Abridged / Unabridged" is being allowed to remain in edition information. Really would like to see audio book edition information cleaned up.

And you know my anal tendencies with metadata! :-D I also want to work on updating the "author" page for our narrators to get some details / photo added from the various narrator details pages across audio publishers.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Vic - I'm emailing you.

message 7: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Adding my thanks for the cover art for our Mini Review shelf. It looks great.

I thought Librarian status was for personal or group use.

Knowing that taking on the task means you've now made the cover/information available to every Goodreads user really makes it a job well done!