What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > man named Bear, has kids, woman marries, comes to love him

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (new)

Veronica The woman had red hair, I think and she met Bear for the first time in a store. It's set in the earlier Americas, maybe mid-west. Bear has some children that the woman has to take care of. Though they don't initially care much for one another, they grow to love each other. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Maybe recall a similar plot? Please help, and thank you.

message 2: by MB (What she read) (last edited Feb 10, 2011 06:45PM) (new)

MB (What she read) | 136 comments Once they started to fall in love, (view spoiler)

message 3: by Veronica (new)

Veronica I'm sorry, I read it years ago and I don't remember well. That sounds familiar, but I'm not certain.

message 4: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 389 comments Veronica, did you ever see Brittany's suggestion in the other thread you set up on this topic?

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Thank you for pointing it out to me (no I had not) but Cannery Row is not the book I am remembering. I think it is a newer publication than that.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Veronica, are you still looking for this book?

message 7: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Lobstergirl wrote: "Veronica, are you still looking for this book?"

I kind of am-- I remember reading it when I was younger and I'm curious about reading it now.

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary | 18 comments sounds a little like Bear's Gold

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica I don't remember there being anything non-PG about it... maybe some kissing and that's about it. Initially I recall they don't like each other, and I don't remember the catalyst that caused her to take care of his kids, but he was a single father and maybe his wife died?

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking for this?

message 11: by Veronica (new)

Veronica No, I think I found it on my friend's bookshelf over the summer. Thank you!

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

What was it?