Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Bookmark Swap > Bookmark Swap #11 - ideas???

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) We should start thinking about theme ideas for the next swap. Any suggestions?

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments Whatever it is I wanna participate :D

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments Oh also just a suggestion, as I tried to go back and see what you currently have already done as far as a theme goes.. but there wasn't a master list of sorts so I would have to click on each thread to get the info.. oy!

Perhaps you can create a master list that has all of the themes you have done thus far, so when people are suggesting a theme they can quickly check out the list before they make a suggestion? :)

message 4: by Arya (new)

Arya (izlandzadi) | 686 comments I don't know if you have done fantasy/sci-fi book marks yet . . . but that genre seems like it would have some pretty interesting was to be creative!

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Arya wrote: "I don't know if you have done fantasy/sci-fi book marks yet . . . but that genre seems like it would have some pretty interesting was to be creative!"

No we haven't. The only genre we've done is fairy tales, so it might be good to go through some more genres. Fantasy and sci-fi would give everyone a ton of options!

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) ♥Tricia♥ wrote: "Oh also just a suggestion, as I tried to go back and see what you currently have already done as far as a theme goes.. but there wasn't a master list of sorts so I would have to click on each threa..."

Good idea. I hadn't made a master list, but it would be very helpful for our newbies!

message 7: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments So, I thought this was a bookmark based on the book(s) you guys have chosen for that month to read. Am I wrong?

Or do you just choose themes per month, separate from the monthly reads?

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) ♥Tricia♥ wrote: "So, I thought this was a bookmark based on the book(s) you guys have chosen for that month to read. Am I wrong?

Or do you just choose themes per month, separate from the monthly reads?"

We do our bookmarks separate from the monthly read. We've talked about making them coincide, but haven't done it yet.

The swap currently going on is a maker's choice round, so the sender can pick any YA book they want to to base their bookmark on.

This round we're discussing here will be a themed round. So, we might make a bookmark based on a fantasy/sci-fi book if that's the theme we decide on. If nobody else gives any suggestions that's what we'll do.

message 9: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Feb 12, 2011 07:52AM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments What about a Fantasy series?

Such as this one:
Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

Each book in the series has two different covers, and I thought we could use all 6 for the bookmark exchange :)

They are colorful and very pretty looking. I am sure we can come up with some cool bookmarks with this series in mind :D

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather Bree (blackdotbug) I'd much rather the challenge have a theme of a genre, not a specific series of books.

message 11: by Misty (new)

Misty | 1505 comments Generally, people pick their own books/inspirations. Might be interesting 1 round to pick books for each other, though...

message 12: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments K well apparently I am confused about how it works lol

Oh well

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy I like the fantasy/sci fi theme. I have a great book in mind. I think in the past we've also done our favorite books.

message 14: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) ♥Tricia♥ wrote: "K well apparently I am confused about how it works lol

Oh well"

Haha... No worries!! We usually pick a general theme as a group and then each person individually picks a book that fits.

We could do a fantasy/sci-fi theme, which could encompass the Shiver series OR we could do a bookmark based on a book series, which could also encompass the Shiver series.

To try to get everyone to make bookmarks based on the same series would be difficult, since we all seem to like to have read the book we're basing them on. And not everyone has read the Shiver books. Why, I don't know. I heart Maggie.

message 15: by Angela Sunshine (new)

Angela Sunshine (angelasunshine) Amy wrote: "I like the fantasy/sci fi theme. I have a great book in mind. I think in the past we've also done our favorite books."

Seems like we have a few people nodding in agreement to fantasy/sci-fi, so we'll go with that for round 11. That gives us a lot of freedom! And before anyone asks, whatever you think fits, you can use! No strict rules here about what qualifies.

message 16: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 38 comments I hadn't read the series yet hehe I just liked the covers :)