The Romance Reviews discussion

Un-active threads > Suggestions for March 2011

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Feb 09, 2011 12:23PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Would anyone be interested in a group wide reading challenge? A list of five topics. Your choice to do all five. You can list your books ahead of time or after you read them.

Example

Valentine theme: FEB 2011

Author: Read a book with where the author's name has the letters L, O, V or E. Starting at the first or last name. Example Evangeline Anderson
Cover: a picture of a heart, the word heart, or the color red
Say it: the word kiss in the title
Theme: erotic romance as the main theme
Character: strong or dominant woman

Bonus!
Count me in: nine words or nine letters in the title OR nine letters in the author's name
. Combining the first and last name is fine

message 2: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 350 comments Mod
That sounds good, count me in!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic @Sass I'm glad you like it :)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments So are we supposed to do this in February or March because the thread title says New Challenge for March 2011.

I got a little confused.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic In march I just gave this as an example :)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Cool! Thanks, I in then I was waiting for someone to a do a March challenge!

I'm gonna go ahead and commit myself now, I'll probably find a bunch of interesting challenges come March. I'm trying not to over extend myself.

As I said before this sounds interesting, I'm in!

message 7: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (bekeown) | 126 comments Count me in, too!

message 8: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Feb 10, 2011 10:02AM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Is there any topics associated with the month of March that anyone would like to see featured in the bonus? I will have the five main topics such as Author, Character, Title, Cover, and Theme. The bonus can be anything!

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments I kind of had an idea for a bonus.

My idea was this; March is the month for St. Patrick's Day, so I was thinking that if one of the books we were already reading either had one of the main characters that was Irish or half-Irish, or maybe had some green on the cover.

The book may also have or mention a four-leaf clover in the story.

I hope that makes sense!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic @Gabrielle thanks! I have started the official March 2011. Feel free to add your name there if your interested in the challenge.