Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > rip Brian Jacques

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Anybody a Redwall fan?
http://www.avclub.com/articles/rip-br...

I've never read the books, but I know a lot of people who like them.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm always buying more copies of his books. They are ever-popular reads about medieval battles between the good forest animals and the evil forces of cats and weasels, with knights and monks and evil empresses and such. Perfect for kids who like derring do and lots of details about feasts and battles.

Go in peace, Brian Jacques. You are loved, and you will be missed.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments I produced several of them for Library of Congress talking books. He was a very good writer and seemed like a great guy. I'm sad for his passing. But honestly, the books were pretty much the same.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Rebecca wrote: "I produced several of them for Library of Congress talking books. He was a very good writer and seemed like a great guy. I'm sad for his passing. But honestly, the books were pretty much the same."

Yes! After a few of them, I got the idea. But for kids, I think that was part of their charm, Rebecca. Knowing what they were going to get. :)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24259 comments Mod
Never heard of him or Redwall before.

message 6: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I loved the first few books, and then they started being repetitive, so I stopped reading them. Nonetheless, that's far too young to die, and I'm sorry for his family and fans.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

At 10, after writing a fine short story about a bird and a crocodile, he was caned by his teacher, who thought it too good to have been the work of a child.

Cruel!

message 8: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Weird that his books have sold more than 20 million copies and I've never heard of them.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.