Tips for Self Promotion, Sales, and Advertising discussion

Sales Tips > Selling On Ebay Tip

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (rowenacherry) | 334 comments Mod
Bestselling author Lorie OClare tells me that she can make $1,000 a year by keeping auctions of her books going on EBay.

She can put her own ebooks onto CDs and sell them, and she can autograph print books from her own stash, and sell those.

Her experience may be exceptional, but I'm giving it a try. I figure, at worst, it's another almost-free way to post excerpts of my books in another forum.

http://shop.ebay.com/rowenacherry/m.html

I probably haven't mastered the art, yet. I loathe BSP!

Check out how Lorie OClare does it, too.
http://shop.ebay.com/lorieoclare/m.html

message 2: by Amanda (last edited Feb 09, 2011 10:51AM) (new)

Amanda | 3 comments I sell autographed copies on ebay as well. It's pretty simple and doesn't take much time once you upload the books. I don't sell a ton, just five or six a month, but it does add up over time. Plus, I look at it as free advertising. It's one more place to get your name out there in front of people, which never hurts.

Ralph Gallagher | 6 comments Huh. I honestly had never thought of doing this. Seems like an interesting way to get your name out there and make a few extra sales.

message 4: by Justin (last edited May 23, 2016 08:20PM) (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) I've never heard of using EBay to sell books. I've heard people selling other people's books on Ebay at ridiculous prices in fact I a couple of my books are on EBay being sold by some weird companies.

I mean I'm not against the idea as it does seem sort of intriguing to me but I'd really have to know more about it. I also assume you'd have to buy copies of your own book to then sell to ship out so it would almost seem like a waste as you'd be making back your money and then make a little bit. Is it worth it?