The Sword and Laser discussion

Favorite Kindle sleep art?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dennis (new)

Dennis | 90 comments I like the one with the fishes, but Emily Dickinson is scary.

message 2: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments I'd like the one that I chose to put on there myself.

message 3: by Dennis (new)

Dennis | 90 comments I'm sure Amazon will implement that along with support for open e-book formats. :/

message 4: by Amy (last edited Feb 10, 2011 02:20PM) (new)

Amy Pilkington | 104 comments I hacked mine to allow custom screensavers months ago and it worked great. Now it randomly cycles through nerdy pictures, including the required "DON'T PANIC". I have never had a crash or problem with the Kindle (mine's a Kindle 3, 3G version).

It only took about 20 minutes to hack and there are lots of pre-made screensavers on the net.

http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindl...

message 5: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Amy wrote: "I hacked mine to allow custom screensavers months ago and it worked great. Now it randomly cycles through nerdy pictures, including the required "DON'T PANIC". I have never had a crash or problem w..."

Ah! I had heard there was such a thing for older Kindles - I didn't know jailbreaking had been done on the Kindle 3 yet. Good to know.

message 6: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (halfadd3r) I'm glad I'm not the only one who wanted to be able to change them. I'm going to wait for the pending update to be verified compatible before I hack/root my device though.

My favorite current picture is the Book of Kells inscription.

message 7: by Brew (new)

Brew | 44 comments I would like the option of letting the cover of the book you are currently reading serve as the sleep art.

message 8: by Chase (new)

Chase (cross09) | 4 comments My favorite is the Constellation of Ophiuchus

Followed by the Kindle Feedback one...im not sure why...

message 9: by Aeryn98 (new)

Aeryn98 | 175 comments Dennis wrote:
I like the one with the fishes, but Emily Dickinson is scary.

OH, I'm so glad someone else thinks so too. Her picture reminds me of those Jane Austen zombie books. Emily Dickinson is going to eat me!! But then all the women authors' pictures are not very flattering.

I like the illuminated manuscript picture the best.

message 10: by Sean (new)

Sean O'Hara (seanohara) | 2365 comments I don't find the Dickinson portrait scary. She looks like she's auditioning for Princess Leia.

message 11: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Brew wrote: "I would like the option of letting the cover of the book you are currently reading serve as the sleep art."

Yes! That would be an excellent option. What's the use of having that art in there if you only browse past it while reading?

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimherdt) | 71 comments Brew wrote: "I would like the option of letting the cover of the book you are currently reading serve as the sleep art."

Amazon - Do this now please!

message 13: by Paul (new)

Paul Butler (deadspeak) | 7 comments Jim wrote: "Brew wrote: "I would like the option of letting the cover of the book you are currently reading serve as the sleep art."

Amazon - Do this now please!"

plus one for this.
Also really like the kindle definition with the person sitting under the tree.

message 14: by Dennis (new)

Dennis | 90 comments Sean wrote: "I don't find the Dickinson portrait scary. She looks like she's auditioning for Princess Leia."

It's the penetrating, unflinching gaze. And let's face it: the Kindle itself is kind of spooky.

message 15: by aldenoneil (last edited Mar 03, 2011 09:30AM) (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments I just did the hack, and I couldn't be happier. Finally I'm rid of those stuffy old authors.

Thank you again, Amy, for the heads up.