SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Around Goodreads & the WWW > Do You Enjoy Darker PNR & UF?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited Feb 08, 2011 09:53PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments Many of you have heard me talk about how I enjoy dark UFs. After reading Queen of Shadows by Dianne Sylvan late last year, I began hunting around for more similar dark UFs to read. Then, I poked around Goodreads looking for a group that may be dedicated to the sub-genre.

Since I couldn't find a group, other than those encompassing any and all UF, I decided to create one. It's called The Dark Side of the Moon and it's open to all.

I'd love to see ya'll there, if this kinda thing is your cuppa. Help me hunt down some deliciously dark UFs and some wicked PNRs, find authors who are starting to specialize in this newly forming sub-genre.

message 2: by new_user (last edited Feb 08, 2011 09:50PM) (new)

new_user LOL. It's hard for me to differentiate between dark UF and not, but I usually like dark stuff, so I'm in!

Btw, the group name links to goodreads.com, LOL.

message 3: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments I know what you mean, NU. Sometimes it's one I wouldn't have tagged a book as until after I've read it.

LMAO!! Oops! Thanks for the catch! Fixing now. *blush*

message 4: by Vivian (new)

Vivian (_vivian) | 1934 comments It's a little blurry for me too what is or isn't dark, but I am usually a fan :)

And wow, for a group that you literally just started, you've got a crazy number of threads going already!

message 5: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments We can work together to unblur it.

LOL! That's my OCDemon for ya. Got the idea, started researching and posting threads before opening it up to all of GR. Can't have an empty group and invite ya'll. That's like having a party at my new place before I've unpacked or bought furniture. ;)

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Or put out the chips and dips!

message 7: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments Exactly! :D

message 8: by Josie (new)

Josie | 1967 comments I'm guessing Stacia Kane's 'Downside Ghosts' would fit this category? Would Anita Blake too? I'm reading both of these series at the moment and liking them a lot.

message 9: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23887 comments Yep!

message 10: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments :D It's just fun, and I'm loving all the new (to me!) series that are coming up there!

message 11: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) | 2883 comments Off to join -- thank you!

message 12: by Inga (new)

Inga | 260 comments Just joined :)
Congrats and thanks!

message 13: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29012 comments Yay! :)

message 14: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 6408 comments Yay!!!