Books Without Borders discussion

Introduction Central > Hi From Wendy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Milikien Candelaria | 12 comments Hi y'all, I'm Wendy. I live in El Paso, TX with my wonderful husband Patrick. I work at University of Phoenix and I am also a graduate student there, seeking my Master's in Psychology. I'm probably going to be a student forever....

Work and school keep me pretty busy, but I ache to read as much as I possibly can. Reading is like food to me; it keeps me healthy and balanced.

I have a rather, how you say....odd taste in books. Some would call it weird, others (like Maranda) question their friendship with me because of it. She loves me really. And she also secretly loves my copy of The Secret Life of Dust and This History of the Pencil. And I have caught her eyeing my copy of Why Things Break (betcha didn't think I saw that, huh?).

I'm happy to be here and looking forward to our books and discussions.

:-)

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) Hello Wendy, great intro!

Maranda (addlebrained_reader) (mannadonn) | 367 comments Mod
Awww! I do SECRETLY love that about you. ;-)

Now...why don't you tell them all about the 2 million Master's degrees you ALREADY have.

message 4: by Angie (new)

Angie Truett (atruett) | 5 comments Hey Wendy,

Long time no hear or read as the case may be. What type of books are the ones you like to read? I love fantasy, sy-fi but tend to enjoy everything I get my hands on.

Ang

message 5: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (lunatiff) | 8 comments Yay hi Wendy. I'm glad you're here. You do have some interesting books but me I like the oddball stuff. You never know when you might learn something new and interesting.