Mr. Seibert's Reading Class discussion

PAGES:34-60

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anson (new)

Anson Blackburn | 39 comments Name ONE thing you have noticed about Katniss when she is around Gale.Give One word that explains how she feels about him.And do you think that he feels the same about her?Give some evidence from the text why you think that.

message 2: by Anson (new)

Anson Blackburn | 39 comments In the middle of chapter3,you see that Katniss explains the strategies of the other contestants.If you were in Katniss's shoes would you act weak and hopeless to make it seem like you suck,or would you act tough to intemmidate(i am so sorry if i spelled it wrong)the other contestants?Also give reason why you would use those tactics in the Games.

message 3: by Nyree (new)

Nyree Modisette (nyreemodisette12348) | 63 comments Anson wrote: "Name ONE thing you have noticed about Katniss when she is around Gale.Give One word that explains how she feels about him.And do you think that he feels the same about her?Give some evidence from t..." One thing I have noticed about Katniss when she is around Gale is that she is more like herself. For example, she gets to hunt with him and do things she cannot do with her mother or Prim. I believe one word that sums up Katniss's feelings towards Gale is trust. I say Katniss trust Gale because in the middle of chapter 2, Katniss told Gale before he left to take care of her mother and Prim and be sure they are eating. That is a huge favor to ask someone to do. Therefore, that proves that Katniss has alot of faith in Gale to do such a thing for her and her family. However, I truly believe Gale may turn on Katniss at the end of the story.

message 4: by Nyree (new)

Nyree Modisette (nyreemodisette12348) | 63 comments Anson wrote: "In the middle of chapter3,you see that Katniss explains the strategies of the other contestants.If you were in Katniss's shoes would you act weak and hopeless to make it seem like you suck,or would..." I would probably act weak and hopeless during the Games because I don't want people to know my techniques and strengths that I may have. However, I would probably be silent too because slience is golden and people won't know anything about me or what I am capable of doing.

message 5: by Havelyn (new)

Havelyn (MiaBooBaby) | 69 comments Name ONE thing you have noticed about Katniss when she is around Gale.Give One word that explains how she feels about him.And do you think that he feels the same about her?Give some evidence from the text why you think that.
Onte thing I have noticed about Katniss when she's around Gale is that she feels confortable like she's known her her whole life. For example, everyone is hungry right now, them two hunt together, but also divide whatever they get in half. I think that Gale is deeply in love with Katniss or he has some type of feelings for her. For instance, that she decided to do the tribe thing for Prim, Gale's actually helping to take care of her family. Also at the beginning of the book he asked her to run away with him, they could make it, and have kids. I suspect that he actually wants to have a future with Katniss.

message 6: by Havelyn (new)

Havelyn (MiaBooBaby) | 69 comments In the middle of chapter3,you see that Katniss explains the strategies of the other contestants.If you were in Katniss's shoes would you act weak and hopeless to make it seem like you suck,or would you act tough to intemmidate(i am so sorry if i spelled it wrong)the other contestants?Also give reason why you would use those tactics in the Games.

I would most likely act weak and helpless until I get them to believe that I am because they'll push even harder to beat you if they know you're tough. They'll probably or mostlikely train harder to. Acting helpless would give me a chance to plan out my stragies, find my weakness, and perfect them like I use to do in boxing classes. Sometimes you have to hide you're enter toughness/weaknesses because you don't want anyone to target that weakness.

message 7: by D'onte (new)

D'onte Montague | 41 comments Anson wrote: "Name ONE thing you have noticed about Katniss when she is around Gale.Give One word that explains how she feels about him.And do you think that he feels the same about her?Give some evidence from t..."

around and gale katniss is more relaxed more calm and less tense she is able to show her real true self around him.this one word that explains it al is love.i do think gale feels the same because when they was in the room before katniss left he started a sentence that i think i know the answer to.

message 8: by D'onte (new)

D'onte Montague | 41 comments Havelyn wrote: "In the middle of chapter3,you see that Katniss explains the strategies of the other contestants.If you were in Katniss's shoes would you act weak and hopeless to make it seem like you suck,or would..."

i would come out tough and start off on top.havelyn your explanation is good i like it but i think differently.if people see your tough they will try to allie with your so they can have your back all you have to do is pick the right time to cross them.as well as the fact that if they work harder they are more stressed and its easy for them to be on edge.

message 9: by Shyen (new)

Shyen Hardiman (ShyenHardiman) | 56 comments Anson wrote: "Name ONE thing you have noticed about Katniss when she is around Gale.Give One word that explains how she feels about him.And do you think that he feels the same about her?Give some evidence from t..."

I noticed that Katniss is calm and can show herself to Gale. She is herself around him. I do think that Gale feels the same way about her because if he didn't then he would not have gave her a hug the way he did or he wouldn't let her get that far in her thinking. For example, Where im at they are both hunting , but what ever they catch they split it in half and puts each other first. It's kind of like they made a team to where they will both be safe and protected.

message 10: by Shyen (new)

Shyen Hardiman (ShyenHardiman) | 56 comments Anson wrote: "In the middle of chapter3,you see that Katniss explains the strategies of the other contestants.If you were in Katniss's shoes would you act weak and hopeless to make it seem like you suck,or would..."

I would be the quiet one as always. That would let me watch everybody and see what they're stratgey is and then combine the ones that are working and use that in my position. I think i would also switch it up sometimes.

message 11: by Shyen (new)

Shyen Hardiman (ShyenHardiman) | 56 comments I don't have a ride home for tommorrow after school. So i might not be staying