Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Archive > Lost in a jungle, woods etc.., theme

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mary C (last edited Feb 08, 2011 02:44PM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 50 comments Historical, comtemporary or futuristic. Where hero/heroine are either lost or being chased by bad guys. Any suggestions

(watching Hawaii Five-0 with Chin trying to get he witness to safety put me in the mood for this.

message 2: by Leea (new)

Leea yeah there are tons...
Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2) by Julie Garwood okay it's been awhile but check this one out or some of her other books...

Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd here is some Paranormal Romance, I remember a lot of running and people chasing them :)

Into the Wilderness (Wilderness, #1) by Sara Donati not all chasing but it does have that theme throughout

Happy Reading Mary!!! I hope some of these scratch that itch...

message 3: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 381 comments Dan Brown all three of his most recent ones! Some serious chasing the hero/heroine! The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown , Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown , The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3) by Dan Brown .
Enjoyed everyone of them. The reader gets a great taste of Europe in the first 2 and of Washington D.C. in the last. Really makes you want to experience the locations for yourself!

message 4: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) | 1520 comments Mod
Dan Brown huh? I of course have seen him EVERYWHERE, But have yet to try him. I have a hard time getting into male authors~ They differ in writing styles from our fellow females... Does anyone else find that?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Yes. I have a very hard time with male authors, especially in adult modern fiction. There are a few male authors I like in YA, but it's probably because the reads aren't quite as dry.

message 6: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Shell wrote: "Dan Brown huh? I of course have seen him EVERYWHERE, But have yet to try him. I have a hard time getting into male authors~ They differ in writing styles from our fellow females... Does anyone else..."

He might be the only male writer I read, I've never really noticed, but I really like his work, once you pass the 100 pages you are good

message 7: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I have a very hard time with Male authors too, with the exception of a few.

I did like Angels & Demons, and DaVinci Code though. I haven't read Lost Symbol yet.

message 8: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments I loved his Deception Point

message 9: by Mary C (last edited Feb 10, 2011 07:34AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 50 comments I was thinking more Romance. I did enjoy the Dan Brown books though.

I was thinking more along the lines of sweaty jungle sex, trecking through the woods, sharing a blanket sex. All while evading the bad guys.

(doesn't necessarily have to be outside. They could be running on a motorcycle, in a car and hotel/safehouse hopping).

I read Ransom a few years ago. I'll look into that Into The Woods book.

message 10: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 50 comments I read a lot of male authors. But I was looking for romance with this theme not necessarily mystery/thriller.

(I love Jim Butcher, John Sandford, Boris Akunin, Harlan Coben and other male authors).

message 11: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mary wrote: "I was thinking more Romance. I did enjoy the Dan Brown books though.

I was thinking more along the lines of sweaty jungle sex, trecking through the woods, sharing a blanket sex. All while ev..."

HAHAHAHAAH~ 'Sweaty Jungle Sex"~ Thats AWESOME.

message 12: by Leea (new)

Leea man you ladies crack me up... who knew i also wanted "sweaty jungle sex... on a blanket" until Mary brought it up... LOVE IT!!!

message 13: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Mary wrote: "I was thinking more Romance. I did enjoy the Dan Brown books though.

I was thinking more along the lines of sweaty jungle sex, trecking through the woods, sharing a blanket sex. All while ev..."

HAHAHAHAHAHA Mary,, I think you just made my day!! I'd be curious about that suggestion

message 14: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 50 comments It's probably because there's a severe lack of sweaty jungle sex in my life. So I need to read about it.

message 15: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Hahaha it sounds like that seems to be the case for most of us here

message 16: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mary wrote: "It's probably because there's a severe lack of sweaty jungle sex in my life. So I need to read about it."

DITTO~ I need to rectify that, I think.

message 17: by Leea (new)

Leea amen to that!!! I just like to say "sweaty jungle sex"

message 18: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Me too~ Its got a definate ring to it....

message 19: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn IDK. The thought of having sex where you could be bitten by a bug as big as your fist isn't all that sexy.

message 20: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

I literally have tears streaming down my face~ Well now that you pu it that way..... Way to throw reality into fantasy~ Myself? I am not overly stoked to have a menageatrois (I realize I just butchered that word) with any bugs, little or huge.

message 21: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Hahaha in a romance you don't have snakes and bugs coming at you when rolling around with the hero

message 22: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

True

message 23: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Haha so dont' let reality ruin a fanasty

message 24: by Leea (new)

Leea yeah come on ladies... let's just enjoy the "sweaty jungle sex"

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Ottilie wrote: "Haha so dont' let reality ruin a fanasty"

Fantasy sex is awesome. Real life is great too, but there are a few things in books that make me jealous :

Sometimes I want to live in a book where you don't have to worry about morning breath and get to lay there happy after sex and don't have to worry about rushing off to the bathroom...

message 26: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Stacia ~ curiouser and curiouser wrote: "Ottilie wrote: "Haha so dont' let reality ruin a fanasty"

Fantasy sex is awesome. Real life is great too, but there are a few things in books that make me jealous :

Sometimes I want to live ..."

Yeah there is just something romantizing dangerous and different when in a book, haha you get to miss all those bad things such as morning breath and you dont' have to worry about your hair, or eye crusties in the morning, it is all the romance and emotion without reality

Leea wrote: "yeah come on ladies... let's just enjoy the "sweaty jungle sex""

Here here!!

message 27: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Stacia ~ curiouser and curiouser wrote: "Ottilie wrote: "Haha so dont' let reality ruin a fanasty"

Sometimes I want to live ..."

OMG OMG OMG~ Pure Perfection Stacia~ 100% agree~ Them after sex bathroom breaks can really kill the rush.

message 28: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Oh, come on! You know an author would totally use that as a plot point. She swells up, and he is so sweet and waits on her while she recouperates. ;-)

Not to mention, rubbing cream on her *ahem*.

message 29: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments Hahaha I didn't even think of that! Haha the recoup could be a huge portion of the book as they are out in the jungle running from the villians

message 30: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Hahahaha!! That's hilarious!! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who runs to the bathroom. It is definitely a snuggle killer.

message 31: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Thought of another one Surrender (MacKinnon’s Rangers, #1) by Pamela Clare there is a good part of the book when they are out in nature, hiking, etc. Similar with Into the Wilderness. Also, what is the Outander book when Jamie and Clare first arrive at the farm? Its not really them out walking the woods, but there is alot of nature stuff going on.

ETA: LOL -- just read al your posts.

message 32: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 50 comments I have no interest in the Outlander series. I have Surrender in my TBR though and it was recommended for another plot line I asked about. I shoudl really dig it up.

message 33: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I love Surrender. It is historical romance and does involve highlanders (although in the americas during the French Indian war).

message 34: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Mary wrote: "I have no interest in the Outlander series. I have Surrender in my TBR though and it was recommended for another plot line I asked about. I shoudl really dig it up."

What??? No Interest in Outlander???? Why?? (I think I can feel my heart breaking...)

message 35: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Hahaha, Shell... I was thinking that too.

message 36: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 438 comments apparently there is no jungle fever for people?

message 37: by Leea (new)

Leea yeah i was just thinking... WHATTTT no outlander - but to each his own

message 38: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I completely forgot about Out of Control. Yes! That is an amazing book, I love it. It is contemporary romantic suspense and is #4 in the series, but I agree can be read as a stand alone.

I just listened to the audio of Cover of Night, I was not a fan. Anyone know if this is representative of Howard's work?

message 39: by Leea (last edited Feb 14, 2011 02:42PM) (new)

Leea I love that we now have a yummy term... "Sweaty Jungle Sex" Great book suggestions my TBR list is growing daily :)

message 40: by Mishelle, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Its cause we're a rad group of even more rad ladies..... Of course we have yummy terms... Its what makes us so.... well... RAD!!!! Lol

message 41: by Leea (new)

Leea We are RAD and in need of some Sweaty Jungle SEX!! LOL!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Do you ever wonder what non-readers would think of our terminology?

You all are cracking me up with "sweaty jungle sex." Never once when watching LOST did I ever think that they should have stopped and had SJS. Maybe I should have...after all, Sawyer and Kate were pretty hot.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Shell wrote: "Its cause we're a rad group of even more rad ladies..... Of course we have yummy terms... Its what makes us so.... well... RAD!!!! Lol"

Oh and RAD. HAHAHA. 80's making a comeback.

message 44: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) They had sweaty cage sex. And sweaty beach tent sex.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Oh the cage, I forgot!

message 46: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Lol. I didn't. :) love Sawyer!

message 47: by Leea (new)

Leea ohh man add those to the list :) I'm leaning more toward Sweaty Beach Tent Sex - my skin is so fair and i hate getting a sun burn on my *tender spots* HA!

But Sweaty Cage sex with Barrons is right us my ally right now...

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Sigh...Sawyer. I miss him.

message 49: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) Especially with that handy dandy machine that gives out fish biscuits! And when he other man you love is watching by camera.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Someone likes the voyeurism, eh? Hopefully I spelled that right.

« previous 1