Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

General Books Discussion > Favorite Book Couples

Comments Showing 1-50 of 334 (334 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4295 comments Mod
Because Valentines Day is coming up soon, I thought we could discuss our favorite lovers from books :)
Which couple do yo you think is the best? Who have the most chemistry? Share here!

message 2: by Hope (last edited Feb 10, 2011 08:26AM) (new)

Hope (heyhopeful) 1. Anne and Gilbert from the Anne of Green Gables series. I have a special place in my heart for those two. xD

2. John and Bella from Charles Dickens' Our Mutual Friend. They are stinkin' sweet.

3. Ella and Char from Ella Enchanted. I can't help it. :)

I have a bunch of others. I MUST include Todd and Viola from the Chaos Walking trilogy, and also Peeta and Katniss from THG (only because Peeta is a sweetheart). There are a ton of other couples I adore that probably no one in this group would recognise. xD But I think I'll leave it at that. ♥

message 3: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments As should be obvious from my mod title... I adore Elizabeth and Darcy from Pride and Prejudice.

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Razo and Dasha from River Secrets
Po and Katsa from Graceling

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Okaaaay.

message 6: by Z. (new)

Z. (mizzfictionista) Katsa and Po from Graceling
Katniss and Peeta from The Hunger Games
Alex and Gavin from The Season
Luce and Daniel from Fallen
Clary and Jace from The Mortal Instruments

:D

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) <3Todd and Viola<3
(from the Chaos Walking series)
- Alyss and Dodge from THE LOOKING GLASS WARS
- Percy and Annabeth from the PJ series (a year later & I still love them!)
- Jonah and Taylor from JELLICOE ROAD :D

Weirdly, I can't think of that many. Most book romances I ended up *not* liking :S

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "Most book romances I ended up *not* liking"

Agreed. I am against romance being the main focus of a book, so if it is, I probably don't like the book or the romance.

message 9: by Hope (new)

Hope (heyhopeful) Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "<3Todd and Viola<3...

AAH I LOVE THEM!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

message 10: by Leanne (new)

Leanne (leanneisperf) I agree with y'all with Po & Katsa, Peeta and Katniss, Clary and Jace, Ben & Camelia(Touch series)and Ron and Hermione I cant think of many but those are a few:)

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) lol, some of these are funny.

@Hope: HIGH FIVE, GIRL! haha :D

message 12: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 785 comments Percy and Annabeth
Hermione and Ron
Peeta and Katniss
Kate and Matt from Airborn

message 13: by ★ Jess (new)

♥Todd and Viola♥

Besides them, I also like:
Severus Snape & Lily Evans (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Robert Langdon & Vittoria Vetera (Angels & Demons)
I know these dont really count as 'official couples' but I still love them :)

message 14: by Shakir (new)

Shakir | 17 comments Percy and Annabeth
Harry and Ginny (although i like Hermione better than Ginny)
Peeta and Katniss
Demitri and Rose
Clary and Jayce
Magnus and Alec (ooohhh what a twist lol)
Sam and Astrid from Gone
and My all time FAV!!!BOBBY AND COURTNEY FROM PENDRAGON BY DJMACHALE

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Percy and Annabeth
Hermione and Ron
Alanna and George (Song of the Lioness)
Mendanbar and Cimorene (Enchanted Forest Series)
Nita and Kit (Young Wizards Series)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Christina wrote: "Percy and Annabeth
Hermione and Ron
Alanna and George (Song of the Lioness)
Mendanbar and Cimorene (Enchanted Forest Series)
Nita and Kit (Young Wizards Series)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥"

Don't love the last one, but you got the first ones spot on.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "♥Todd and Viola♥

Besides them, I also like:
Severus Snape & Lily Evans (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows)
Robert Langdon & Vittoria Vetera (Angels & Demons)
I kno..."

Lol, you are now my cousin's hero, Jessica! She just wrote a "short story" where, like, Harry was really Snape's son and stuff, and there's like this Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader moment. Lol! That would've been so funny/soap-opera-y, if Snape was really Harry's dad. :P

message 18: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments OKAY, get ready. :) This'll be a long list, most likely.

Percy and Annabeth
Katniss and GALE
Harry and Ginny
Harry and Luna
Harry and Hermione
Hermione and Draco
Isi and Geric (Books of Bayern)
Razo and Dasha
Enna and Finn
Miri and Pedar (Princess Academy)
Darcy and Elizabeth
Sabrina and Puck (Sisters Grimm)
..............i could make it longer. :)

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Rebekah Faith*Gnome Poet* wrote: "OKAY, get ready. :) This'll be a long list, most likely.

Percy and Annabeth
Katniss and GALE
Harry and Ginny
Harry and Luna
Harry and Hermione
Hermione and Draco
Ra..."

Sabrina and Puck! I wish I had thought of that. :P

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Rebekah Faith*Gnome Poet* wrote: "OKAY, get ready. :) This'll be a long list, most likely.

Percy and Annabeth
Katniss and GALE
Harry and Ginny
Harry and Luna
Harry and Hermione
Hermione and Draco
Ra..."

Ummmm....you seem to have some bigamy going on here. Although I agree with a lot of them.

I have to say that two of my favorite book couples are probably Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione, since I love all the characters (literally. Ginny Weasley = AMAZING) and the romance doesn't try to hijack the story. Plus, it's so funny. Particularly Ron and Hermione's.

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments The only time the romance hijacks the story is in the 6th movie when they made it way to much about romance! I mean I wanted the epic battle not romance! I mean the romance in the books were AWESOME but it didn't like become the whole story like they tried to do in the movie.

message 22: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments I agree completely with what you just said. In the sixth book, romance was a small portion. More so than the others, yes, but that's because they were sixteen and at school. Then, the movie goes and makes it pretty much the most important thing, so much so that Dumbledore asks Harry about girls, and leaves out the really important, much more interesting, battle at the end. That was NOT my favorite of the movies.

message 23: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Since we're talking book characters that don't end up together (whatever the reasons may be) but SO SHOULD HAVE:

Harry and Hermione (I'm not one of the crazy shippers, but somehow I always saw them together)
Neville and Luna
Katniss and Gale
Gemma and Kartik
Liesel and Rudy

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments Go team Gale!

message 25: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Yay! :)

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) I always hoped for a Harry & Luna matchup, m'self.

message 27: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments I thought about that one for a while, because I LOVE Luna, but after... I think it was Order of the Phoenix, my friends and I decided she and Neville would make the cutest couple ever. Because we love Neville, too. But somehow they both ended up with people who would have never even crossed our minds (since one was never even mentioned).

But seriously, since we know that Neville is the Herbology professor and Luna became "the wizarding equivalent of a naturalist"... How great would that have been? Sigh...

message 28: by ★ Jess (last edited Feb 11, 2011 01:58AM) (new)

Oh oh oh! I like Finnick & Annie from Catching Fire/Mockingjay
I wish they had more page time...

I also like David and Tally from Uglies/Pretties/Specials:
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Grace (new)

Grace :D Impossible to list all of them, but the ones that spring to mind first are:

Arthur and Catarina- 'The Constant Princess' by Philippa Gregory
Ron and Hermione- 'Harry Potter series' by J.K. Rowling
Darcy and Lizzy- 'Pride and Prejudice' by Jane Austen
Jane and Bingley- 'Pride and Prejudice'
Edward and Eleanor- 'Sense and Sensibility' by Jane Austen
Rudy and Liesel- 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak
Dave and Georgia- 'Confessions of Georgia Nicholson series' by Louise Rennison
Grace and Sam- 'Shiver' by Maggie Stiefvater
Jane and Ned- 'Raven Queen' by Pauline Francis
Fleur and Remy- 'Cupid's Arrow' by Isabelle Merlin
Anne and Wentworth- 'Persuasion' by Jane Austen.

Okay I'm going to stop now! XD

Happy Valentines everyone! :)

message 30: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (proudxnerd9966) | 132 comments Meghan and Ash from the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa
Jace and Clary from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
Percy and Annabeth from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
Harry and Ginny from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Aria and Noel from the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard

message 31: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Allie- well, i'm just that awesome. :)

Kate- well, i read a lot of fanfiction, so im okay with the 'non-traditional' HP couples. My fave HP ones though are Hermione/Draco and Harry/Ginny.

Taylor- YES! great couples. :) Although i agree with Amelia on the Harry/Luna. but then, you saw how im not all that picky about my HP Harry couples. :)

adding to my list: Ron/Pansy i've read some brilliant fanfictions with this paring and its quite cute. :)

message 32: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Changing relationships doesn't bother me, I just don't see why everyone's obsessed with Hermione/Draco. I cannot see that one, no matter how hard I try/how much I read.

In the instance of Harry Potter, JK Rowling is very good at making the couples, so I personally see no reason to change certain ones, although I agree that there should be a Neville/Luna thing going.

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) Have you seen A VERY POTTER MUSICAL? The Draco/Hermione pairing makes total sense if you've seen that :P

message 34: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments Why would Hermonie want to be with someone who calls her a Mudblood?

Percy and Annabeth
Daniel and Luce
Edward and Bella
Aria and Ezra
Katniss and Peeta
Lars and Winnie

message 35: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8205 comments Thank you, Natalie. It doesn't matter if he stops his whole pureblood mania and stuckupedness, etc. They just don't go together. They'd be fighting every half hour.

I have not seen A Very Potter Musical, although I've seen a little of the second. I do mean to see it at some point though.

message 36: by natalie (new)

natalie | 5047 comments Yeah, I just cannot see that.

What is A Very Potter Musical?

message 37: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Don't watch it til you're done with the series, Natalie, but A Very Potter Musical is a parody musical of the Harry Potter series. It's on YouTube, and it's TOTALLY AWESOME. ;) And Darren Criss, who plays Blaine on Glee now, is in it as Harry.

message 38: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Amelia (Imagination in Focus) wrote: "Have you seen A VERY POTTER MUSICAL? The Draco/Hermione pairing makes total sense if you've seen that :P"

well, i was a fan of the pairing before i saw that this past summer, but yes, it's amazing and totally makes sense. :)

Natalie: AVPM is a parody of Harry Potter. It's a musical and is completely hilarious.
BTW: is Luna ever featured in AVPM or AVPS? She just seems like a character that would be great to do a parody of in one of those.

message 39: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Luna is at the end of AVPS, if I remember correctly.

message 40: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments Okay, I haven't seen that one yet- and I was pretty sure she wasn't in AVPM.

message 41: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments AVPM is better, but AVPS isn't bad. And there are some amazing lines.

"Favorite way to say 'red wines' in a German accent?"
"Red Vines! Favorite color vines besides green?"
"Red Vines! Oh my god, where have you been all my life?!"
"In a cupboard, under some stairs."
"That is SO COOL!"

message 42: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments OMG, that's great! I really need to find time to watch it....

message 43: by ★ Jess (new)

AVPS is better, in my opinion. I love Lupin and Umbridge and Lucius SO MUCH!!!!!!
Plus, Severus Snape gets drunk.
Haha, I dont even have a favorite bit. Its all laugh out loud funny :)

I love the bit when Dracos like:
"Wait till my father hears about this, Potter! He'll say...Dracoooooo, you god damn little poofer. Why dont you learn to use the potty like other human beings. Then, he will pull down my diaper, and scold me for the mess I have left in it, and he will spank my cheeks as red as cherries!"
*Jess dies laughing*

Haha, and in regards to the Draco/Hermione romance in AVPM:
"Hermione Granger is the ugliest girl in school. I mean, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the prettiest, I would rater her....an 8. Maybe an 8.5. But certainly no higher then a 9. There is always room for improvement."
(Draco, AVMP)

Guys I swear, I could talk about this all day. If you haven't seen AVPS, go watch it this instant!

message 44: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Maybe I just like the music from AVPM better. But they're both HILARIOUS.

"You'll need to do exactly as I do. Watch... Very... Carefully..." *dies*
"He isn't doing anything."
"That's because he's dead, you dumb mother...."

"A Portkey can be any seemingly harmless object like a football, or a dolphin."
"Sir, can, like, a person be a Portkey?"
"No, that's absurd. Because then whenever someone would touch themselves, they would constantly be transported places."

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders!"
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?"

There were SO MANY great lines they cut from the original after the edit... They were totally wrong, but they were great. :)

message 45: by ★ Jess (new)

Hang on-because this is 'Favorite couples' Im just going to have to add The Highway Man and Bess, fromThe Highwayman poem by Alfred Noyes.

However, AVPM/S is still amazing!
Lupin: 'That book is so old, it still refers to dementors as Ringwraiths!"
Umbridge: 'SO you're smarter then whoever wrote this book? So you're smarter then... *looks at spine*... Merlin?'

Snape: 'Wait, you're sorting is not over yet! Put on The Scarf of Sexual Preference!"

Harry: "So where did you guys get sorted?"
Ron: "Bi-curious"
Hermione: "Waiting till marriage"
Dumbledore: "Gay as the 4th of July"
Soooo, a little inappropriate, but hilarious all the same :D

And my ultimate favorite song lyric in AVPS?
"D-d-do you think Im dumb,
Sorry, did I just stutter?"
And I love Umbridge's dance that follows. Backup dancers? DEMENTORS!!!!!

message 46: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Hahahaha, yes indeed. I love it!

message 47: by Rebekah Faith (new)

Rebekah Faith (musicalradiance) | 6788 comments man, that's like, amazing. :)

♫♫☺Allie☺♫♫ (alliwicious) | 1115 comments YES!!! SO AWESOME!!!

message 49: by Amelia, free market Puritan (last edited Feb 14, 2011 08:53PM) (new)

Amelia, free market Puritan (aeimaginer12) I love how AVPM/AVPS has totally taken over. And Darren Criss is on GLEE? Wow, he's 'made it'

AVPM:

Cedric: Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders!
Dumbledore: What the hell is a Hufflepuff?

[Professor Quirrill walks in, wearing a turban]
Draco: GO HOME, TERRORIST!

Voldemort, to Quirrill: I watch you wipe your butt daily. You can call me 'Voldemort' – we’re there! We’ve reached that point!

Volemort: Just give them all B minuses and be done with it!
Quirrill: Now that is evil.
Voldemort: Well, I am the Dark Lord.

Cedric: So tell me more about this Pigfarts. I find it to be very interesting.
Draco: Well, while you’re there you have to wear your spacesuit at all times because there’s no atmosphere on Mars, so if a single docking bay door opens you’ll probably die.
Cedric: My, how dreadful!
Draco: Well, but the good news is if you’re a good enough student, Rumbleroar lets you ride around on his back!

Draco: Weasley! The lady said 'NOOOOOOOOO.'

Hermione: Drop the attitude, Harry Potter. You're acting like *Garfield* on a Monday!

Death-Eater, to Snape: I heard you had your Dark Mark laser-surgically removed!

[Draco is about to kill Dumbledore]
Snape: Kill him, Draco!
Draco: I don't think I can!
Snape: Coward! Ten points from Gryffindor!

AVPS:
[Dolores Umbridge has just walked in the room]
Seamus Finnigan: I heard, one time, that a Dementor kissed her, and it DIED.

Umbridge: WHO DISREPECTED UMBRIDGE?

[image error]

message 50: by Taylor (new)

Taylor (taylorjaylene) | 4557 comments Ahaha, I really need to watch this all the way through again! :D

Yes, Amelia, Darren Criss has a pretty regular role on Glee now. And may I say, he's TOTALLY AWESOME. ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7