Kenyons Minions discussion

Read the first 2 chapters of Invincible

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara | 142 comments You can read the first chapter of Invincible due out March 22, 2011 here. (when you get to page click on Chapter One just under the image of the book cover!

message 2: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Got that in my email from St. Martin's today and sooo going to read it. Can't wait :) And so awesome is that it comes out the day before my first crush's bday. How sweet is that? :D

message 3: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 58 comments Awesome! now i have the delema.. should i read.. or wait.. read or wait.. grr i hate that lol

message 4: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 11 comments Never any doubt from me. I get straight into any clue of story of any new book from a favourite author and she certainly is one of my favouritest. Cant wait!

message 5: by Rebecca (Bec) (new)

Rebecca (Bec) | 58 comments yeah but then I have this thing when i open the books i dont want to stop.. one chapter of SK is not enough for me.. I want the whole book.. and i want to be suprised!

message 6: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh you still will be Rebecca. SK is forever throwing in twists left and right at times. Like for me I'm still kind of surprised how up in Nick's face Kyrian is in the CON books. I mean I get all the DHs had a tough past at one point. But the Kyrian in this part of the series is kind of a little unbelievable. I mean I still like him but still not fully sure. But I do have to say that I love how Nick's mom doesn't trust him or Ash as far as she can throw either of them in regards to Nick. Her protectiveness is so amazingly wonderful.

message 7: by Tara (last edited Feb 15, 2011 04:40PM) (new)

Tara | 142 comments And I got another email, you can read the second chapter as well!

http://www.officialsanctuary.com/chro...

Or it seems you can listen to them both on audio as well.

message 8: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Sweet, got the second chapter in my email as well Tara. I can't wait til March for it to get here.

message 9: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments can't wiat! it comes out on my birthday!

message 10: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments nice, special treat for ya then Civia. :)

message 11: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments yep

message 12: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (last edited Mar 05, 2011 04:40PM) (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Hopefully another book will be out come November then could have one around my bday too. That would be great. Sad part having to find it in Wal-mart though with no bookstores around.

message 13: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments ah but November always has an big week for movies. and i'm lucky i got 3 bookstore i can go to

message 14: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Dang. We used to have it that way here too. The one in the mall, one down town that I liked and a second hand book store that I think is still there. But they rarely have any of the authors I read. And that is true some pretty good movies make it out in Nov. but being strapped on funds I wait til they hit the boob tube, lol.

message 15: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments lol yeah that always suck, which is why when they come out in Russia or before, at least two sites get them online that day. we have 1 private library, 4 public, 3 borders, and 2 used within about 10 miles, thats just for stores that are ONLY books or music

message 16: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (last edited Mar 09, 2011 08:26PM) (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Holy crap. 3 Borders????? Oh my goodness I think I would be in heaven. What part of Russia is this? I think I need to move, lol. And yea we have just one big library here. But still for the most part they usually have books so out of date. And if not that they are badly torn up and stuff. Just really not good.

message 17: by RAIN (new)

RAIN  (rain_holt) | 16 comments i'm not in Russia but i do want to move there, this is Washington, we have trees, water, rivers and a LOT of books

message 18: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Oh ok Washington. Either way I need to be near an actual bookstore so bad. Around here they drive up the rent so high around these places nothing can survive and stay open for long. What happened to Waldens in our sad excuse of a mall and the bookstore downtown. And unless you know where the little strip place is where the second hand place is, I doubt they are faring any better.

message 19: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments I haven't read the first two chapters, haven't been able to, get to worked up. But two weeks is so far off...Right!!

message 20: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea not that long of a wait Cindy. Hopefully not too worked up in a bad way about anything. How have you been actually? Haven't seen you around lately.

message 21: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Dhfan4life...
I've been working a lot of overtime and so the little time I do have free, I've been reading.
So I've been doing okay but tired.
How have you been?

message 22: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Ah sorry to hear that Cindyg. Need to kick up your feet and hit a spa or something for a while. I've been ok. Going to a ton of job interviews and waiting for things to pan out. Been reading things here and there too.

message 23: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Dhfan4life...
What kind of work do you do? I know the job market is tight...so best of luck in you endeavor. Guess I shouldn't complain about all the overtime.

message 24: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments At present not a darn thing. I've been a full-time college student. Went from high school straight into college. And as I've lived at home to eliminate that cost, I never really had to get a job to work through school like most. But yea I've been filling out apps for clerical and office work. And I don't begrudge folks their overtime or jobs at all. My area just isn't in the way of having jobs for my what minimal skills I have.

message 25: by Cindyg (new)

Cindyg (brotherlover) | 248 comments Well hang in there Dhfan4life...I have a feeling good things are heading your way.

message 26: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Thanks I hope so as my folks are driving me bonkers. Their like my adult kids instead of the other way around lol.