Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Book Signings-coming to a town near you!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitaw) | 165 comments I was on Patricia Briggs website and noticed she's doing quite a few book signings this year. I'll be at the DC on in Virginia.

Feb 18-20, 2011: Pasco WA
RadCon, one of our perennial favorite conventions, and also our home-town convention. In 2010 our son decided to get married at Radcon, so although we were there, we didn't socialize or interact in folks much. This year we should be much more a part of the fun and festivities.

March 1-8, 2011: River Marked Signing Tour
March 1, 2011: Richland, WA
Hastings, 1245 George Washington Way, at 7:00 PM
March 2, 2011: Oakbrook/Chicago IL
Borders Books, 1500 16th St. at 7:00 PM
March 3, 2011: Washington DC
Borders Books, 5871 Crossroads Center Way, Bailey's Crossroads, VA at 7:30 PM
March 4, 2011: Minneapolis, MN
Barnes and Noble, 2100 N. Snelling Ave, Roseville, MN at 7:00 PM.
March 5, 2011: Houston, TX
Murder By the Book, 2342 Bissonet St. at 6:00 PM. By the way, this should be a blast, I'll be signing with Kim Harrison.
March 6, 2011: San Diego, CA
Mysterious Galaxy, 7051 Clairmont Mesa Blvd. at 2:00 PM
March 7, 2011: Seattle, WA
University Bookstore, 4326 University Way NE at 7:00 PM
March 8, 2011: Portland, OR
Powell's Books, 3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. Beaverton, OR at 7:00 PM

March 18-23, 2011: Tour de France * CHANGED *
Much of Patty's work is published in France by Bragelone, who have offered to host us for a week of visiting various bookstores doing signings and readings. We had a great time in the last time they invited us over, and they're awesome folks, so of course we jumped at the chance to visit again. I'll post a detailed itenerary as soon as we get one!

May 27-30, 2011: Missoula MT
The little big con, Miscon. We're still trying to decide if this is a super-friendly small convention, or a really awesome family reunion with all of our adopted family (waves at Cthulhu Bob!). Always lots of fun!

July 21-24, 2011: San Diego CA
So, we've heard lots of great things about Comic-Con. Dan Dos Santos usually attends, and we've thought about going down to meet him. The costumes are crazy, the event is huge, and we were a little afraid we'd get lost or trampled in a convention of this size. This year, they invited Patty as a guest. They promised that they'd take care of us country bumpkins and not let us get lost too badly, so we're going in. Wish us luck .

August 12-14 2011: Spokane WA * Date Changed *
Of course, we're going to SpoCon. SpoCon is an awesome convention. It's young, and they're struggling a little with finding the perfect facilities for a growing convention, but the leadership is superb. This year I got to play guitar for Seanan McGuire and talk with one of my longtime heroes Michael Whelan, who knows what fun awaits in 2011?

August 17-21 2011: Reno NV
WorldCon. The big one. Teaming masses of costumed fans, hordes of fameous authors, publishers, movies, and vendors from all corners of the universe. We never expected to attend a WorldCon, but then they scheduled one just a few hundred miles away, and all of our brave, adventurous friends are going. One of these brave adventurers even reserved an extra room, and with surprisingly little arm-twisting we agreed to come to the convention.

November 11-13 2011: Tuscon AZ
TusCon. We just got a really sweet invitation to TusCon. We don't know anything about it, and our schedule is already hectic, but somehow it just looks like fun. So, we're leaving the hot, arid deserts of Washington for the even hotter deserts of Arizona. See you there!

message 2: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) They never come to Charleston... :( makes me sad.

message 3: by Lory (new)

Lory (moty) | 103 comments Me too, Anita!! I will be @ the one in DC, hopefully I wil see you there

message 4: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments I live on a tiny island in eastern Canada, Newfoundland, I can't image any popular author coming here. It sucks!

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Feb 08, 2011 07:01PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
I'm going to see if I can get my daughter to go with me to the DC one too. OOHHH, happy, happy.

message 6: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 87 comments Jeaniene Frost is coming to my town on Feb 22. I'm so excited!!

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) ohh, I might have to try and hit up the DC one

message 8: by Pearl Reads (new)

Pearl Reads (pearl24) So excited to see that someone whos books i have actually read is coming to Houston. I will be there. :)

message 9: by Alice (new)

Alice (thegoodqueen) | 131 comments Anita wrote: "I was on Patricia Briggs website and noticed she's doing quite a few book signings this year. I'll be at the DC on in Virginia.

Feb 18-20, 2011: Pasco WA
RadCon, one of our perennial favorite ..."

Thanks, I know where I'll be March 2nd!

message 10: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Deanne wrote: "I live on a tiny island in eastern Canada, Newfoundland, I can't image any popular author coming here. It sucks!"

I know! Authors only seem to go to Toronto! Makes me sad.

message 11: by Akaria (last edited Feb 10, 2011 10:57AM) (new)

Akaria Gale | 101 comments What's with dissing NYC? Doesn't she know we're the center of the universe? ;)

message 12: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
(sobbing brokenheartedly) well rats--hubby just reminded me that we won't be HOME on March 2. We will be down in MS finishing off clearing out my Mum's house and getting rid of the rest of the stuff (mostly junk) that's still down there.

And Jeanine will be in MD on the 19th of this month--and I'll be in a class while she's there. However, I'm really working on talking my daughter into going to both signings for me and getting books autographed.

message 13: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "(sobbing brokenheartedly) well rats--hubby just reminded me that we won't be HOME on March 2. We will be down in MS finishing off clearing out my Mum's house and getting rid of the rest of the stu..."

Very smart! I would send anyone I could beg!

message 14: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitaw) | 165 comments I called about the Feb 19 Jeanine Frost signing - you can order the book from the store autographed and they will ship it to you. Since she's only signing, not speaking, that's what I plan to do. (That signing is north of Frederick, MD).

message 15: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitaw) | 165 comments Kresley Cole Book Tour (From her e-newsletter):

To celebrate the release of LOTHAIRE, my publisher has decided to send me and two very special guests on a five-city bus tour.

For more event info. and to check in, please visit the Events tab on my Facebook page here.

Tuesday, January 10th, Dallas TX - Barnes & Noble
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
The Parks at Arlington Mall
3881 So. Cooper Street
Arlington, TX 76015

Wednesday, January 11th, Austin TX - Barnes & Noble
7:00 PM – 8.30 PM
10000 Research Blvd
Austin, TX 78759

Thursday, January 12th, Houston, TX - Katy Budget Books
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
2450 Fry Road
Houston, TX 77084

Friday, January 13th, New Orleans, LA - Garden District Book Shop
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
2727 Prytania Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

Saturday, January 14th, Tampa, FL - Books-A-Million
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
839 Brandon Town Center Mall
Brandon, FL 33511

Special guests include Lothaire himself, or rather the very talented and easy-on-the-eyes cover model Paul Marron. I'll also be accompanied by my long-time Simon & Schuster Executive Editor Lauren McKenna whose been there from the start. Pssst, for all you Lanthe/Thronos lovers out there, here's your chance to lobby in person for who you want to see in the next IAD book.

We'll also have some fabulous door prizes including eReaders, IAD merch, and signed audio books. Join us for a toast to celebrate, Q/A, and pictures.

Signed copies of LOTHAIRE: Can't make one of the signings? Visit Premiere Collectibles for a gorgeous limited edition, autographed copy presented in a collectors leather gift box. Click here to order and give the gift of IAD!

message 16: by Lizbeth (new)

Lizbeth (lizbethreads) | 33 comments Do any writers ever come to Las Vegas, NV? They all go to Reno.... :(

message 17: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 61 comments They rarely come to Australia either :(
What about all of us down under! hehe

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie | 157 comments I with you their Mandy. It would be awesome if they came to Aus

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jeaniene Frost (other topics)