Redwall discussion

76 views
Brian Jacques dead!!!!!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) In case you didn't get it, Brian Jacques died yesterday of a heart attack. He's gone. That I think is the hardest thing to sink in, he is actually gone. I've always dreamed of meeting him, and now I won't be able to. His last book, the Rogue Crew, is still scheduled for release as far as I know. Good Bye to one of the best authors in the world! We will miss him.


message 2: by Kevin (last edited Feb 08, 2011 11:44AM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 4 comments Yes, he will be missed dearly by the millions of fans. He opened countless of readers to books.


message 3: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Alther (hawkbrother) | 1 comments This is sad news indeed.


message 4: by Anne, Ink Bleeder... (new)

Anne (anneveneman) | 423 comments Mod
It's a sad blow. I am glad to have met the man while he was with us. RIP Brian Jacques.


message 5: by AJ (last edited Feb 28, 2011 03:22PM) (new)

AJ | 10 comments Wow, I had no idea.

I'm kind of in shock.

That's crazy, I didn't hear anything about it.

Rest in peace, Brian Jacques.

You will forever be my favourite author and eternally remembered for your numerous brilliant novels.

Rest in peace.


message 6: by Badgerlord (new)

Badgerlord | 7 comments The world has become just a little bit less wonderful.


message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia | 1 comments I can't believe it. Brian Jacques, you are one of the most talented authors in our time. Your imagination took the books to a whole new level. May you rest in peace.


message 8: by Christopher (new)

Christopher | 1 comments ive been trying to finish the rogue crew for months and just havent been able to do it, cause when i finish that means its going to be all over ;(


message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (sharonkofoed) | 3 comments Christopher wrote: "ive been trying to finish the rogue crew for months and just havent been able to do it, cause when i finish that means its going to be all over ;("

I had that problem myself. It took me months to finish it! Finishing it was bittersweet.


message 10: by johanna (new)

johanna (johannad_m) Found it out by reading the back of the Rogue Crew and reading about Brian Jaques in past tense . Wish I'd met him :I


W.I.T (writer in traning) (shadowleader) | 3 comments Day before my 12th birthday... jesus. Brian Jacques was amazing, and the Redwall series is amazing. RIP Brian. You will be missed.


message 12: by Allegra (new)

Allegra Amos (triplea1215) | 10 comments i havw know brian jacques ever since I was in third grade. When I got his last book, my brother said he died. I laughed at him and said he lying, but then I saw all these comments saying we miss you brian jacques and I burst out crying. I wish he was still here.

R.I.P Brian Jacques


message 13: by Anne, Ink Bleeder... (new)

Anne (anneveneman) | 423 comments Mod
Allegra wrote: "i havw know brian jacques ever since I was in third grade. When I got his last book, my brother said he died. I laughed at him and said he lying, but then I saw all these comments saying we miss yo..."

Yes, sadly Mr. Jacques passed away a couple of years ago. He left us with some amazing literature though, and I'm sure he would be glad that you enjoy his books :) Here is a link to his bio if you are interested in reading for yourself. http://www.redwallabbey.com


message 14: by Allegra (new)

Allegra Amos (triplea1215) | 10 comments Thank you so much. He led a interesting life before he died.


message 15: by Vivienne (new)

Vivienne Mathews (viviennemathews) | 5 comments Oh no, I hadn't heard! Now I feel like a terrible excuse for a fan!

Rest in peace, you dear, wonderful man. May the many stories you took with you always be enough to keep you company. :*(


message 16: by Ally046 (new)

Ally046 | 22 comments Badgerlord wrote: "The world has become just a little bit less wonderful."

Truth


message 17: by Ally046 (new)

Ally046 | 22 comments Christopher wrote: "ive been trying to finish the rogue crew for months and just havent been able to do it, cause when i finish that means its going to be all over ;("

😢😭😭😭😭😭😓😥😭😭😭😭😭😭😖😥😭😭😭


message 18: by Ally046 (new)

Ally046 | 22 comments johanna wrote: "Found it out by reading the back of the Rogue Crew and reading about Brian Jaques in past tense . Wish I'd met him :I"

Me to, what a sad way to find out


message 19: by Ally046 (new)

Ally046 | 22 comments Vivienne wrote: "Oh no, I hadn't heard! Now I feel like a terrible excuse for a fan!

Rest in peace, you dear, wonderful man. May the many stories you took with you always be enough to keep you company. :*("


😢


message 20: by Terminotter (new)

Terminotter | 19 comments I cried for a very, very long time. Now my favorite author can rest.


back to top