BRIAN JACQUES FANS discussion

Brian Jacques > A Sad Day For Brian Jacques Fans

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) A friend of mine forwarded me a copy of the Shelf Awareness Daily News (www.shelf-awareness.com) because of the obituary note that took center stage. Apparently Brian Jacques died on Saturday of a heart attack. He was 71 and his next book "The Rogue Crew" (#22) will be out next May.

I just can't believe it. I've been a fan of his since I was young, and it just doesn't seem possible for him to be gone. I'm still in shock, and have already shed tears today. :..(
He will be greatly missed.

message 2: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments He was the reason that I started reading books over 200 pages and in mass paperback, then especially fantasy, also creating my favorite character and book, Martin the Warrior. I know everybody is feeling the same way as Martin did when Rose died.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Anna wrote: "A friend of mine forwarded me a copy of the Shelf Awareness Daily News (www.shelf-awareness.com) because of the obituary note that took center stage. Apparently Brian Jacques died on Saturday of a ..."

OMGosh! I can't believe it either. Whats the world going to do without him? Whats going to happen to Redwall? Waaaaaaahhhhh!

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) He was such an amazing writer. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to meet him, hear him talk about his books, about wanting to write the cook book that I see he finally did, and to hear him sing! I can't imagine the world without him.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) You meet him? Your so lucky, I've been wanting to meet him forever and now I can't.

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) Yeah, it just so happened that he was doing several visits in my hometown area about 15 years ago, and then did a folk concert a short time after that. And, stupid me, I wanted him to sign my copy of Mossflower, as that's my fave book, but I was too shy to ask him to sign an old paperback, so I never did. I always thought, "next time, I'll do it." ... Guess I won't get that chance now.

Tears have been flowing on and off all day. I just don't know how to make them stop!

message 7: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) For those interested, you can preorder The Rogue Crew (#22) which comes out in May from Barnes and Noble. You might be able to do that with other bookstores too. But it appears to still be coming out in May.

message 8: by Kevin (last edited Feb 08, 2011 11:41AM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments I actually met him about 11 years ago when my school went to meet him at a signing, the teacher in change was a big fan as well had all his when it came out in England, it was a great time. I got all my books signed too, so did the school's book. I later found a set of his books up to Lord Brooktree in paperback also signed. I'm glad that I will have that to remember him by.

message 9: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Booth (tulkas) | 2 comments This is too bad! He got me into reading/writing back in elementary school 15 years ago. He will be missed... I own each the entire Redwall series.

message 10: by Redwallcrazy (new)

Redwallcrazy (redwallcrazybigkotfan) | 230 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "You meet him? Your so lucky, I've been wanting to meet him forever and now I can't."

I was once an hour away from him. When he did a tour back in 2008 I think when Doomwyte came out, I was in the truck with my dad and we were an hour away. He said we wouldn't be able to make it in time to see him. I thought there would be another chance. I really wish I had insisted now, lol.

message 11: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Lombard (jslombard) He really was a fantastic guy, in person, as well as through his writing. It's too bad you guys didn't get a chance to meet him, but at least you know his writing will live on. He was that great.

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Redwallcrazy- God is my victory and He is Here! wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "You meet him? Your so lucky, I've been wanting to meet him forever and now I can't."

I was once an hour away from him. When he did a tour back in 2008 I think when Doomwyte came ..."

Thats sad. I was always trying to see when he was going to do a tour by me. But he had already done one before I found about.

message 13: by Redwallcrazy (last edited Feb 15, 2011 07:59PM) (new)

I know!! I found out that he was at my public Library like 6 years ago, but I wasn't into Redwall then, and I didn't know about it!! What a jip!

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Same for me.

message 15: by Redwallcrazy (new)

lol, aggravating, right?

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) It sooooooo is.

message 17: by Emily (new)

Emily (JessRedwall) | 4 comments i miss him sooooooooooooo!!!

message 18: by Redwallcrazy (new)

His death's anniversary is coming up. :(. I can't believe it's already been a year without him.

message 19: by Kevin (last edited Feb 12, 2012 08:00PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments Me, either! I just can't believe its been that long already. It just seems like yesterday I was hearing the sad news.

message 20: by Redwallcrazy (new)

IKR?! I was crying for three days over his death. It hit me hard. It's still really sad. I loved his stories.

message 21: by Emily (new)

Emily (JessRedwall) | 4 comments I was'ent into them back then

message 22: by Lora (new)

Lora Rearden (lorarearden) | 1 comments I can't believe it.. no more Brian books... :(

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

that is HORRIBLE!!! i cant believe he is dead!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

i wish i had words.