The Book Challenge discussion

n-z > Suzanne's First Lady Challange

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne CHALLENGE: To read 10 autobiographies/biographies of U.S. First Ladies by August 31, 2011.

I began this challenge last summer after reading Laura Bush's autobiography. I found it very interesting and wanted to read more about the first ladies. I began with Laura Bush and have been working my way backwards. I am currently reading Lady Bird Johnson's book.

Anyone can join this challenge with as many or few books as they like. They do not have to read the books in chronological order (but I have found that the books tie together with the cast of characters and historical events if you do!)

Here is my list of First Lady Books:

Spoken From The Heart by Laura Bush
Living History by Hillary Rodham Clinton
Barbara Bush: A Memoir by Barbara Bush
My Turn by Nancy Reagan
First Lady From Plains by Rosalynn Carter
The Times of My Life by Betty Ford
First Ladies by Margaret Truman
Pat Nixon: The Untold Story by Julie Nixon Eisenhower
A White House Diary by Lady Bird Johnson
Mrs. Kennedy by Barbara Leaming

I will most likely add a Part II to this challenge and continue reading the biographies. If you have read any First Lady Biographies that you would recommend, I'd appreciate hearing from you!

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne I finished my personal First Lady Challenge two days ago. I would have to say the best books from my list were:

1) First Lady From Plains by Rosalynn Carter
2) Spoken From the Heart by Laura Bush
3) Mrs. Kennedy by Barbara Leaming

I'll be continuing with more First Lady Challenges in the future, but for now I'll take a break and create a new challenge:)