SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Para-Themed TV Shows & Movies > TV: "Bedlam" (UK)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 07, 2011 10:41PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28260 comments There's a new series premiering in the UK called Bedlam.
UK TV Guide Link

Description: New series. Paranormal drama, set in an apartment block converted from a pre-Victorian psychiatric hospital. Renovations awaken the spirits of former inmates who come back to reclaim what they believe to be rightfully theirs, and seek revenge on those who have wronged them. Starring Will Young, Theo James and Charlotte Salt

Anyone planning on checking this one out? If you do, let us know what you think of it.

message 2: by Literary Ames (last edited Feb 08, 2011 09:42AM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Crap, I forgot to watch that. I was distracted by the first episode of Outcasts. Will catch it on Thursday. Thanks for the reminder!

message 3: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (last edited Feb 08, 2011 07:56PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28260 comments Funny you mention that one, Ames. I'm just about to post a thread for it.
ETA: Link for Outcasts - http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

Looking forward to hearing what you think of both. :)

message 4: by Literary Ames (last edited Feb 11, 2011 01:04PM) (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I watched the first episode. For me it was meh but maybe it will get better. The main guy is stareable though. Very pretty. If he put on 20 pounds I'd be happy to stalk him. It was weird seeing Will Young being passionate with a woman though (he's gay in real life).

message 5: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28260 comments Always nice to have some eye candy. :) Hopefully it'll improve.

message 6: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments Watched the final episode last week and although it found it's story arc and ended on a cliffhanger I don't want to see a second season. The "ghost of the week" was boring, Supernatural was better at it. For me this wasn't worth watching, my mind wandered. Nothing much happened and very little was revealed in the mysteries.

According to IMDB, one episode only racked up 190,000 viewers and they're all ready in pre-production for the second season. Those kind of numbers equal a dead show so I don't know why they're wasting their money. I certainly won't be wasting my time watching it.

message 7: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28260 comments Thanks for the update, Ames. Frustrating to see a show that didn't do well get another season (maybe more) when others that rocked get canceled. :\ Where's the logic in that?

message 8: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 1854 comments I hear this one is showing on BBC America right now. Anyone watching?