What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > Historical romance takes place in the 900's or so a girl gets forced to marry a warrior falls in love with him [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linz (new)

Linz Bassett (linzbassett) A while back I read this book. I can't remember for the life of me what the title is and I think the plot was similar to another book I read so I don't remember much of the content. I think that there was a girl and she was forced to marry a lord or warrior and that it took place in the 900's-1000's. I remember that the cover was a darkish color and had the torso of a well built guy on it and I think he had a tribal tattoo on one of his arms or chest and that the author was female and her last name started with an H. I'm sorry I know this isn't very descriptive, but thought it was worth a shot. I've been looking for this book again for over a year now.

Resident Optimist (residentoptimist) | 22 comments Some of the descriptions don't match with the book I've got in mind but i'll give it a shot, is it The Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughn?

message 3: by Michelle (last edited Feb 08, 2011 07:22PM) (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 53 comments Was it Vikings or medieval knights? Or something else entirely?

message 4: by Linz (new)

Linz Bassett (linzbassett) I want to say that it was a barbarian or Viking. If i remember correctly the warrior was fighting in an anglo- saxon war. I think that main character was either lost or a run away. I know the plot was similar to the book called shadow music, which is why it's hard for me to recall the book is I don't remember which plot belonged to which book. I think the title only had one or two words in it. Sorry I know this probably isn't much help at all. I can see the cover in my head, wish I could search for it that way.

message 5: by Mrs.soule (last edited Feb 09, 2011 07:08PM) (new)

Mrs.soule (mrssoule) | 109 comments I think Johanna Lindsey has more than one book with a plot like that - the one I read was Fires of Winter which is the first in her Viking series. You might want to check out those in case one looks right.

If you're pretty sure the hero was a viking, you might want to try scanning through the "Best Viking Romance" list: http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/70...

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 53 comments Jaid Black also has some books along those lines. The one that comes to my mind is Deep, Dark and Dangerous.

message 7: by Linz (new)

Linz Bassett (linzbassett) Thanks for your help everyone. I think I found it :) i'm pretty sure it is Beyond the Highland Mist and that I was getting the cover mixed up with something else. But the plot sounds like the one I read and the Author sounds familiar. Thank you all for your help, sorry I was a complete pain. I found it by doing a search for Historical romances here on good reads. Now i just need to figure out how to move this to solved.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle  (dejameek) | 53 comments You edit the title. BTW, when I saw your answer, it was such a slap-my-forehead moment. Good book!

message 9: by Linz (new)

Linz Bassett (linzbassett) Thank you for letting me know how to move it. I stared at it forever and didn't see the edit on the title. It was a great book. I need to find it again!