fiction files redux discussion

Did You Know? > weird trivia question: jack nicholson thought his mum was his sister

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maureen, mo-nemclature (last edited Feb 07, 2011 09:22PM) (new)

Maureen (modusa) | 683 comments Mod
they were raised together as siblings but later it turned out she had got pregnant as a teenager and he just thought she was his sister.

and i can't remember who it was but i believe the same scenario played out for at least (one) famous writer, if not more. was it kerouac? am i out of my mind? (that's kind of a moot point).

do you guys have any idea what i'm talking about?

message 2: by Jonathan, the skipper (new)

Jonathan | 609 comments Mod
. . .yep, bobby darin had a similar story . . .

message 3: by Maureen, mo-nemclature (new)

ah. bobby darin. you can see how easy it would be for me to confuse him and JACK KEROUAC. :P

thanks skipper! :)

message 4: by Kerry, flame-haired janeite (new)

Kerry Dunn (kerryanndunn) | 886 comments Mod
That IS a weird trivia question!

message 5: by Adrian (new)

Adrian | 253 comments Maureen wrote: "they were raised together as siblings but later it turned out she had got pregnant as a teenager and he just thought she was his sister..."

Are you claiming that Nicholson believed his mother was his sister and he impregnated her when she was a teenager?

message 6: by Shel, ad astra per aspera (new)

Shel (shelbybower) | 946 comments Mod
Holy cow, that's confusing.

message 7: by Matt, e-monk (new)

Matt Comito | 386 comments Mod
she's my daughter! she's my sister! my daughter! my sister

message 8: by Maureen, mo-nemclature (last edited Jul 11, 2011 02:33PM) (new)

oh emonk, i just saw this. :)

sweet sweet chinatown. :)

message 9: by Maureen, mo-nemclature (new)

Adrian wrote: "Maureen wrote: "they were raised together as siblings but later it turned out she had got pregnant as a teenager and he just thought she was his sister..."

Are you claiming that Nicholson believed..."

i realize that wasn't the clearest prose i've ever written, mister. i miss you. :)

message 10: by Martyn (new)

Martyn | 299 comments I'd read about that. must be a weird thing.

message 11: by Maureen, mo-nemclature (new)

you know, it was still bugging me that there was somebody else famous like that, and i did another search, and found a similar story about eric clapton. funny, i really thought there was a writer. but you know, i think this happened quite often back in the day. and actually, my mother was 42 when she had me which she thought was too old to have a child and so she walked in the alleys behind our family house to do errands and whatnot while she was pregnant, and so when i was born, my oldest sister took me to the park and people asked if i was hers. she was 16, and very well could have been my mum. but she's not, i assure you. :)

message 12: by Kerry, flame-haired janeite (new)

Kerry Dunn (kerryanndunn) | 886 comments Mod
When I was 16 or so I took my then 6 year old sister to the birthday party of one of her little friends because my mom had to work and someone had to take her to the party....well one of the guests thought I was her MOTHER.

NO I DID NOT GIVE BIRTH TO A CHILD WHEN I WAS TEN YEARS OLD!!!

message 13: by Shel, ad astra per aspera (new)

Shel (shelbybower) | 946 comments Mod
It's ok, Kerry. Oddly, my children look a helluva lot like me and I am STILL referred to as their nanny on occasion. :)