Terminalcoffee discussion

Random Queries > How old were you when you got married?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 117 (117 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart (or how old were you when you knew that you wanted to be with your significant other for a long time?)

Okay, so every day I'm hearing news of kids MY AGE seriously getting married. Like, not just "Oh, look, he gave me a cubic zirconium promise ring" engaged, but FOR REAL engaged.

AND IT'S FREAKING ME THE FUCK OUT. I mean, I don't even know how to french kiss! I've only held hands like once! And now folks are getting married! What the hell??????????? What happened to dating in college? What happened to 'fuck commitments' in college? Why is everyone so quick to be a husband and/or wife?

GAAAHHHHHHHHH! Where's my vicodin?

message 2: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I was 20 the first time. Yup. Dumb.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

message 4: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments 29

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod

message 6: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments 33

message 8: by Tyas (new)

Tyas Effendi (tyas_effendi) | 15 comments 25. I think it is ideal.
I think like you. Why should we got husban/wife on our early age, then we can't taste our youth.

message 9: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I like that phrase, "taste our youth."

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) It's way too much fun to date as many people as you can before settling down.

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments 21. We finished growing up together. We loved it.

message 12: by Helena (new)

Helena | 1058 comments Stacia ~ curiouser and curiouser wrote: "It's way too much fun to date as many people as you can before settling down."

I agree, but if you're lucky enough to meet 'the one' at a young age, that's nice too.

message 13: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I was 17 when I started living with my husband. I turned 20 a month after we got married. That was 36-1/2 years ago.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I thought I met the right one at 18 and that was so a no go. It was nice to get to go out and play again before meeting the one I'd settle down with!

message 15: by Tyas (new)

Tyas Effendi (tyas_effendi) | 15 comments Unfortunately, I haven't meet my true love at this age, 20 years old. That's why I am not married.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) You still have plenty of time!

message 17: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments 24. Too young, honestly. When I see a couple getting married at 24 now I perceive the scenario in a totally different light...they seem way young for marriage.

message 18: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments 17 the first time, 20 the second time.

message 19: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) janine wrote: "17 the first time, 20 the second time."

I love that.

message 20: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Feb 08, 2011 04:51AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments 39.

message 21: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments Southern Fried Britt wrote: "I mean, I don't even know how to french kiss! GAAAHHHHHHHHH! Where's my vicodin?"

You can't learn how to swap spit on Vicodin.

message 22: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I haven't had Vicodin in a long time. I miss it.

message 23: by Dr. Detroit (last edited Feb 08, 2011 04:56AM) (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6017 comments janine wrote: "17 the first time, 20 the second time."

Sweet Jesus... My only concerns at that age were finding the next party and chasing skirt.

message 24: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments 19 the first time, 32 the 2nd.

message 25: by RandomAnthony (last edited Feb 08, 2011 05:10AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Clark wrote: "janine wrote: "17 the first time, 20 the second time."

Sweet Jesus... My only concerns at that age were finding the next party and chasing skirt."

I was worried about getting a girl pregnant, too, but first I had to get them to talk with me.

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments 18. she was 17. we used some of her high school graduation gift money to buy food the first week we were married

message 27: by janine (last edited Feb 08, 2011 05:35AM) (new)

janine | 7715 comments Clark wrote: "janine wrote: "17 the first time, 20 the second time."

Sweet Jesus... My only concerns at that age were finding the next party and chasing skirt."

i've never really been into chasing skirt :)

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Hanna (new)

Hanna (ohanners) | 201 comments Honestly I don't intend to get married until I'm like 35, 40. I'm 25 this year and marriage scares me. Kudos to those who made it through at such an early age.

message 29: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11605 comments 35.5

message 30: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Koeeoaddi wrote: "19. Just had our 36th anniversary."
wow! congrats!
married at 29, divorced at 39.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments 19 When I got married and we will hit 7 years in April.

message 32: by Barb (new)

Barb I was 19 when I got engaged to my HS boyfriend, then I snapped out of it and realized he was a loser and broke it off. So glad I didn't just march blindly into it.
I met my "husband" at 25, and we got engaged a year later ... still havn't gotten around to it officially.

I kind of think that people are not really ready for the marraige / family thing until they're into their late 20's. I think before that, you're just figuring out who you are, what you want, and having fun and being free.

message 33: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Barb wrote: "I kind of think that people are not really ready for the marraige / family thing until they're into their late 20's. I think before that, you're just figuring out who you are, what you want, and having fun and being free. "

Exactly Barb. Lots of my friends in relationships act like they're married. And I'm like, "Well, if there's something about him you don't like, then you could always leave him and find someone else. You aren't married. This is why we have dating. You don't have to stay with him forever. Stop whining to me about how he's not romantic enough for you or whatever.

message 34: by Jim (last edited Feb 08, 2011 08:04AM) (new)

Jim | 6485 comments 22, and will be married 30 years.

My wife is a saint!

ETA: I was 17, and she was 15 when we started dating.

Lyzzibug ~Still Breathing~ (lyzzibug) | 708 comments I did enjoy the 5 years with my husband before we had our son.

message 36: by James (last edited Feb 08, 2011 07:47AM) (new)

James (m0gb0y74) | 54 comments I was 26. We had been going out for 6 months. Still happy 11 years and two kids later.

I know people who got married real young and are still together and others who aren't and the same for those who didn't get married until later. The real important thing is the people. Some people just aren't made for long relationships and others are. I do think 16 is too young though - most boys that I knew at 16 would agree to anything if they thought they could get inside a girls pants...

message 37: by Jammies (new)

Jammies ms.petra wrote: "Koeeoaddi wrote: "19. Just had our 36th anniversary."
wow! congrats!
married at 29, divorced at 39."

Heh, you lasted longer than I did. 32-35

message 38: by Chantelle (new)

Chantelle (chantelle13) | 38 comments 24. And 35 when we divorced.

message 39: by Shana (new)

Shana (Shanac55) | 98 comments 23 then 31.

message 40: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments ETA: I was 17, and she was 15 when we started dating.

Arrest that man!

message 41: by Heidi (last edited Feb 08, 2011 10:00AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Clark wrote: "39."

There's hope for me yet. :)

message 42: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Clark wrote: "Southern Fried Britt wrote: "I mean, I don't even know how to french kiss! GAAAHHHHHHHHH! Where's my vicodin?"

You can't learn how to swap spit on Vicodin."

On Vicodin, I don't feel bad that I don't know how to swap spit.

message 43: by Sally, la reina (new)

I don't even know what you all are talking about.

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Sally wrote: "I don't even know what you all are talking about."

Kissing, Sally. I think.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I was 24, and it was too soon, it turns out. Divorcing at 44.

message 46: by Suefly (last edited Feb 08, 2011 12:18PM) (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Ummm, I was 24 or 25. We knew each other for about 5 months. It felt right at the time.

message 47: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Jackie, you are 44? For some reason, I thought you were a 30-something.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Yes, I'm 44, Britt. I'm just immature for my age. ;)

message 49: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sarah Pi wrote: "Kissing, Sally. I think."

Thank you. I was SO confused!

message 50: by Barb (new)

Barb Who's comparing Vicodin with kissing Sally? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

« previous 1 3