BRIAN JACQUES FANS discussion

Brian Jacques > Brian Jacques is dead!!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Redwallcrazy (new)

Redwallcrazy (redwallcrazybigkotfan) | 230 comments Mod
I still can't believe it, and I've just sent the event to everyone!! In case you didn't get it, Brian Jacques died yesterday of a heart attack. He's gone. That I think is the hardest thing to sink in, he is actually gone. I've always dreamed of meeting him, and now I won't be able to. His last book, the Rogue Crew, is still scheduled for release as far as I know. Good Bye to one of the best authors in the world!

message 2: by Redwallcrazy (new)

lol, ikr, I'm homechooled, so I am crying, lol! I can't believe it, he was like the greatest author and now he's dead! I can't even look at my Redwall series right now.

message 3: by Dax (new)

Dax | 4 comments OMG, this is so sad!! He's is my favorite author and now he is gone!

message 4: by Redwallcrazy (new)

lol, ikr. He has one last book that was suppose to come out in april of this this year, and I hope they still release it, but after that, no new books. You have to admit, Brian Jacques sure knew how to tell a story.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't believe he died.
I love him! This is devastating.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments i can't believe it was a shock to me when I just found out, a sad day for all.

message 7: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 08, 2011 09:36AM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Me too!
OMGosh what's Redwall going to do without him? I wanted to meet him too. *Sniff sniff* Now I never will. Waaaaaaaaahhh!!! He was the best author ever!!!!!!

message 8: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 08, 2011 09:39AM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Redwallcrazy- God is my victory and He is Here! wrote: "I still can't believe it, and I've just sent the event to everyone!! In case you didn't get it, Brian Jacques died yesterday of a heart attack. He's gone. That I think is the hardest thing to sink ..."

I didn't get an invite. Is it on this group?

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Me too!
OMGosh what's Redwall going to do without him? I wanted to meet him too. *Sniff sniff* Now I never will. Waaaaaaaaahhh!!! He was the best author ever!!!!!!"

I am glad that I met him when I did.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

YOU MET HIM?

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments Anne despises Twilight wrote: "YOU MET HIM?"

Yep, about 11 years ago with a club at school at a sigining at a local bookstore, one of my teachers was a big fan had all his book from UK before it was out in the US.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) You aren't serious!!!!!!! He can't be dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucky! For meeting him.
It's not lucky that he's dead.
I can't believe he's dead!!

message 14: by Redwallcrazy (new)

I know!! I found out the day after from the neighbor kids. They came knocking on my door saying "You're favorite author, Brian Jacques is dead! He died yesterday of a heart attack, our Mom saw it on Facebook."
I was praying they were wrong, it being just a rumor on the internet and went immediately to the Redwall website and sure enough, it said he was dead. I still can't believe it! I will miss him so much!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't know until I got the event thing.

Was he working on a book when he died?

message 16: by Kevin (last edited Feb 10, 2011 08:32PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments Anne despises Twilight wrote: "I didn't know until I got the event thing.

Was he working on a book when he died?"

No, I read that he died of a heart sugery or a heart attack, not really sure of which.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

It was some sort of heart thing, I'm pretty sure.

According to Wikipedia it was an aortic aneurism.
Whatever that means.

message 18: by Elizabeth (last edited Feb 10, 2011 06:44PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Its kinda gross but basically its a general term for any swelling of the aorta (the largest artery in the body) usually representing an underlying weakness in the wall of the aorta at that location. While the stretched vessel may occasionally cause discomfort, a greater concern is the risk of rupture, which causes severe pain; massive internal hemorrhage; and, without prompt treatment, death occurs rapidly.

But he did die from a heart attack when they were trying to save him from the aortic aneurism.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

OK.
Of all the ways to die.
It couldn't be peaceful the way he deserves.
He gets an aortic aneurism.

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah...pretty sad.

message 21: by Redwallcrazy (new)

Anne despises Twilight wrote: "I didn't know until I got the event thing.

Was he working on a book when he died?"

He had actually finished a book before he died. The Rogue Crew is scheduled to come out May 3rd, 2011.

message 22: by Redwallcrazy (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "Its kinda gross but basically its a general term for any swelling of the aorta (the largest artery in the body) usually representing an underlying weakness in the wall of the aorta at that location..."

Wow, what a way to die.

message 23: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah, not very nice.

message 24: by Redwallcrazy (new)

Goodness! 2011 sucks!!! Not only did Brian Jacques die of a heart problem, I just had a friend die of a heart problem, and she was very close to me. I can't believe I'm never going to see her again!

message 25: by Elizabeth (last edited Mar 25, 2011 08:50PM) (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) That really sad. I'm sorry.

message 26: by Redwallcrazy (new)

lol, Thanks.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh my goodness. My friend Jessica saw me reading Lord Brocktree the other day and said, "You know he's dead now, don't you?"
And I was like:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
I always really, really wanted to meet him. He was one of the best authors in the world. And now he's gone! There were so many things I'd have liked to tell him. :(
It's just soooo sad!

message 28: by Redwallcrazy (new)

lol!! I used to have dreams meeting him, literally.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

:P Wonder what he'd have said if you told him that. :)Well, dreams about meeting people are better than nothing. Except once I dreamed that I met a notorious mass murderer, and that wasn't so great ...

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) I found out from our librarian. It was a huge shock. I am sooooo sad :(
I wrote to him once and he wrote back so nicely. I really wanted to meet him. :,,,(

message 31: by Redwallcrazy (new)

Did he write you back a personal letter? Or was it one of those pre-written ones? Either is cool, lol!

yojharobed || I have no sword. I don't need a sword. Because I am the Doctor and this is my spoon. En garde! (yojharobed) ummm it wasn't hand-written of course, but he answered my questions and stuff. It was cool tho. It was like 3 years ago and I still have it!

I also have an autographed copy of The Redwall Cookbook!

message 33: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) I have an autographed copy of Eulalia. But I bought it signed.

message 35: by Redwallcrazy (new)

Luckies!!! I still can't believe he's dead though!

message 36: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) *Sniff sniff* Neither can I.

message 38: by Redwallcrazy (new)

I know!! No more Redwall books or anything!!! So sad!!!! (And the fact that he's dead, lol. )

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Lol, that was like an after thought thing.

message 40: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments Maybe someone will take over the series, but it will never be the same or as good as Brian would have written them.

message 41: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah, I don't think I'd like it if someones else started writing it.

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily (JessRedwall) | 4 comments not me!!! it would be terrible!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Brian Jacques died last year. Did you no that?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohhhhhhhh
Now I understand!

message 46: by Redwallcrazy (new)

lol!!!!! And I agree that I don't think I'd like it if someone else began working on the series. I may like it if I thought of it as a different series, but not as a continuation of his. No one can do it like Brian Jacques did, lol.

message 47: by Kevin (last edited Feb 12, 2012 07:55PM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments I'm just glad I met him back in 2000, and got all my books signed.

Also I bought two signed copies of Legend of Luke in hardcover, and mass paperback of Marlfox back in July of 2010 at a library book sale for $3.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

cool

message 49: by Redwallcrazy (new)

lol, I try not to get anymore than just one copy of each, although now that I own the entire series, I keep seeing them in Goodwill now for a better price. Go figure, right?

message 50: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 23 comments Well, they were signed is the main reason I bought two exact copy of the same book.

« previous 1