The Bronze Horseman discussion

The Books > Street corner

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rose from Chapter Break (starkiss5173) | 7 comments okay i have a question: on the corner of what two streets did tatiana first see Alexander? She was eating ice cream... just couldnt remember what the name of the streets were. anyone know???

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments I didn't think it was a corner, I assumed the bus stop was on a stretch of road but I can't recall which road...

message 3: by Leea (new)

Leea | 317 comments She's eating ice cream sitting on a bench - no clue the name of the street... She see's Alexander across the street and that's it - forever <3

message 4: by Moni (new)

Moni | 79 comments The corner you speak of is Ulitsa Saltykov-Schedrin. This is where Alexander chose to turn right on this road and a little ways down across the street was were he first saw her, Tatiana. I found this info in Tatiana and Alexander.

message 5: by Moni (new)

Moni | 79 comments Also to add, the name of the streets come from Alexanders perseption of the day not Tatianas. This is where he knows, if he had gone straight he would be living a diffent life.

message 6: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 22 comments Do you think, that if he hadn't met Tatiana, he would've married Dasha? Or even stayed with her long enough for Alexander to have met Tatiana?

message 7: by Mishelle (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) I don't think he would have married Dasha~ He had affection for her, but he never loved her.

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments He would've met Tatiana, Dasha seemed pretty determined, I think she would've schemed a way to lure him home and Tatiana would've probably had the same affect on Alexander at their home... Just my own interpretation.

message 9: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 22 comments That's what I was thinking. They didn't look like they would have ended things that soon, no matter how much Alexander had, for lack of a better word, lost interest in Dasha.

message 10: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments I have always wondered that too, what if Tatiana didn't stop for an icecream or if Alexander patrolled a different way... Seeing that they had that chemistry from first sight, I reckon their would definitely be a spark at first meeting in the apartment. However, they probably wouldn't have had their regular meetings and walks at the Kirov factory, I don't think any of that would exist. Therefore how could Alexander tell Tatia about his life? It would be a complete different story and maybe Alexander would have escaped when he had the chance to rather than stay behind for Tatia.
So they are lucky that fate worked it's magic and it didn't happen that way :-)

message 11: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 637 comments Everything is because he crossed the street for her.

He would NEVER have stayed with Dasha it was all only for Tatia

message 12: by Mishelle (new)

Mishelle LaBrash (mishalabrash) Kelly wrote: "Everything is because he crossed the street for her.

He would NEVER have stayed with Dasha it was all only for Tatia"

Agree Kelly~

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments I wonder if he would have seen Tatiana the same way if he met her at home. I think what lured him to her was her innocents on that day, the first day of the war and she had no cares in the world sitting there eating her ice cream, singing. In "Tatiana and Alexander" he reflexs back on that day, seeing all the people he by-passes while on patrol and they are all fighting for food, and then he sees her with such innocents and beauty that he crosses the road!! AHHH!!!

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 410 comments Hmm, I personally think that if he first met her at her home, he still would've fallen in love with her, but maybe his first memory of her might have stirred a different emotion, like the protective side of Alexander might've seen how badly her family treated her inside their home, and he might've seen her as the underdog. I think when two people are destined to be together, it doesn't matter how they first meet, destiny will bring them together...

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 07, 2011 10:48PM) (new)

I think it was definitely the way she should stood out eating ice cream and singing, I mean who does that?!? It's gorgeous!

message 16: by Chrissy12 (new)

Chrissy12 (chrissy_12) | 86 comments ...especially in the dress with red roses!

message 17: by Toni (new)

Toni | 298 comments Tatiana has something magical about her. Even when things could not have been worse, she had something in her which saw through to the light at the end of the road. She has a light that came from within. I'm sure that along with the glorious innocence of a girl eating ice cream and singing during the outbreak of war, the seductive beauty of the white dress w/ red roses on her child-woman body(the dress also a metaphor for innocence (white) met with the blossoming of something sensual, something carnal(roses) that was yet untapped in her), and that 'je ne sais quoi' as the french say: 'that little something you can't quite put your finger on'. That's it for me at least.

message 18: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 637 comments Chrissy12 wrote: "...especially in the dress with red roses!"

That was to big for her!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it was too small??????

message 20: by Toni (new)

Toni | 298 comments Too small is correct. The strings kept coming undone and at one point Shura had to tie them up. A perfect moment as he touched her innocent body evoking new emotions for Tatiana.

message 21: by Tina (new)

Tina | 231 comments Toni wrote: "Too small is correct. The strings kept coming undone and at one point Shura had to tie them up. A perfect moment as he touched her innocent body evoking new emotions for Tatiana."

*sigh* being touched by Alexander :) even innocently *sigh* :)

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 183 comments It was the red shoes that were too big for her!

message 23: by Kelly (new)

Kelly  | 637 comments oops.... time for a reread....lol