Fans of Johanna Lindsey discussion

Group News > Johanna's new book

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M It looks like she has a new book to be released in June of 2011When Passion Rules. I can't wait1

message 2: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M Here's the synopsis I got this from http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/l/j...
Assassin Leonard Kastner agrees to commit an abhorrent crime for an astronomical sum - kill the infant heir to the European kingdom of Lubinia. Just as he is about to carry out the heinous deed, the baby awakens.and smiles at him. Losing his heart to tiny Alana Stindal, Leonard sweeps her out of their homeland to safety in England where he conceals her true identity from her and gives her an education fit for a queen. Eighteen years later, when the king of Lubinia faces a revolt because he has not produced another legitimate heir, Leonard knows he must take Alana home to prevent a civil war. But at the Lubinian palace no one believes Alana is the missing princess. Christoph Becker, the captain of the palace guards, arrests Alana because he suspects she is a pretender or a seductive assassin. When the king recognizes Alana as his long-lost daughter he proudly betroths her to the one man he believes is capable of protecting her and eliminating the shadowy figures who are determined to destroy his dynasty - Christoph Becker.

message 3: by Kmwwjd (new)

Kmwwjd | 3 comments Haha when I was reading the synopsis I was thinking at the beginning that Leonard Kastner was gonna fall in love with Alana and not wanna give her back, and I was thinking "that's just weird," but then I got to Christoph Becker and it made much more sense to me. I think this book will be really interesting.

message 4: by Yaya (new)

Yaya (yaya_trn_enthusiast) | 9 comments Kmwwjd wrote: "Haha when I was reading the synopsis I was thinking at the beginning that Leonard Kastner was gonna fall in love with Alana and not wanna give her back, and I was thinking "that's just weird," but ..."

I read some reviews on Kindle about this book and people where talking "ghostwriter." They were also saying that it is better than what she has been producing--I'm all for that!

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 12 comments Has anyone read Johanna's newest book that came out last month? it's called Let love find you? I love love her older works and the recent ones just didn't seem to have the same magic that made me fall in love with them as the older ones. Just wondering if I should give it a try, i did find the most recent one(When Passion Rules) more like the older Johanna's work though..thanks

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I've seen it but not brave enough to spend that much for it. Looking for it at my library or maybe a used copy.

message 7: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 12 comments I know what you mean, i'm thinking the library, mine just got a copy and I was curious,,,also didn't want to be disappointed again

message 8: by Mahlyn (new)

Mahlyn (emDgee) | 2 comments Stacey wrote: "Has anyone read Johanna's newest book that came out last month? it's called Let love find you? I love love her older works and the recent ones just didn't seem to have the same magic that made me f..."

Saw it in the bookstore. Didn't buy a copy. When I read the synopsis, it seems like it is not the same as the other books of Ms. Johanna Lindsey.

message 9: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 12 comments M wrote: "Stacey wrote: "Has anyone read Johanna's newest book that came out last month? it's called Let love find you? I love love her older works and the recent ones just didn't seem to have the same magic..."

I have tried to read this newest book but so far have not been able to get into it at all! Just does not seem like Ms. Lindsey's style of writing, can't stand the heroine at all and it's like she's recycling an old story line..example: The hero in the story is a horse trainer/breeder and his name is Devin, close to the hero from Man of my Dreams, Devlin a Duke who also trained/breed horses.....just can't seem to want to pick it back up again, stuck on page 89 and that's as far as I've gotten after picking it up many times :(

message 10: by Mahlyn (new)

Mahlyn (emDgee) | 2 comments Let us know when u finish it ;)

message 11: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 12 comments I sure will :)