Romance Audiobooks discussion

Narrator Discussions > Barbara Rosenblat recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laura (Kyahgirl) (kyahgirl) I'm wondering if you guys can make a suggestion for me. As part of my listening challenge this year I said I'd give a narrator I didn't like, another chance. That narrator is Barbara Rosenblat. In two cases I did not finish, or rather, barely got started on an audio book, then stopped prematurely. I figured out that its her style of speaking that puts me off. So,
I'm wondering if any of you has listened to a book narrated by Barbara Rosenblatt that you just LOVED. I would like to try her again but want to stack the deck in favor of a positive experience. Thanks.

message 2: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments Well, I looooved BEAST by Judith Ivory. She doesn't have the right voice for Emerson in the Amelia Peabody mysteries (I know I'm in the minority on that opinion).

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments The Silver Dragon SeriesPlaying With Fireis good....it took me a bit to get used to her voice but I ended up liking her...she also reads the Aisling Grey series

message 4: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I got You Slay Me by Katie MacAlister and I just couldn't get into it. I think that was due to the reader or the production on that one. So, I basically can't give you a recommendation - sorry!

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (melindaparmer) | 123 comments Judith Ivory's The Indiscretion. Think Texas cowboy with a hangover and an upper-class British girl, marooned in the moor in a fog for 3 days when their drunken coach driver falls off miles before the coach crashes. Rosenblat can give you the drunken Texan, the Brit and a country girl, all talking at once. This is truly a favorite of mine. I wasn't as taken with Ivory's Beast - read it first, listened second, and it never made it to favorite status for me.

I only listened to the first in the Amelia Peabody series, liked it but never went on. I did like Rosenblat's voice for this, but she really shines in The Indiscretion. The sample at Audible is pretty good.

Laura (Kyahgirl) (kyahgirl) Thanks for the recommendations. I know and love all those Judith Ivory books so maybe it would help me to give her another chance when I already know I like the story. I will see if I can find a Katie McAlister in our library too. Her books are funny.

message 7: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments She also read Peters' Vicky Bliss series which I really enjoyed. But then I liked the Amelia books, too, so maybe you can't go by me.

Laura (Kyahgirl) (kyahgirl) Thanks again.